Diving to the rim.

willie

Anybody watching the West Virginia Missouri game? West Virginia throws the ball into their big man. Missouri doubles or triples. West Virginia immediately sends one or two players to the rim. They have scored multiple baskets on easy layups. I wish we would do this with French. 

3 minutes ago, willie said:

Anybody watching the West Virginia Missouri game? West Virginia throws the ball into their big man. Missouri doubles or triples. West Virginia immediately sends one or two players to the rim. They have scored multiple baskets on easy layups. I wish we would do this with French. 

The triple teams that French sees never leaves the paint area.  Any driver to lane just runs into a crowd of people.

10 minutes ago, willie said:

Disagree. Weak side is open. 

Open for a shot not for a drive.  The defenders never leave the paint.  That's why Goodwin wasn't able to drive either.  They're just daring our best players to hit a jump shot above the free throw line.  The odds are overwhelmingly in the opponent's favor.

7 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Open for a shot not for a drive.  The defenders never leave the paint.  That's why Goodwin wasn't able to drive either.  They're just daring our best players to hit a jump shot above the free throw line.  The odds are overwhelmingly in the opponent's favor.

I’m lot talking about driving the ball, I’m talking about cutting to the rim looking for the pass . 

1 hour ago, willie said:

I don't think this is as easy for French as it is for other "true" centers. At only 6'7" his vision is easily obstructed, especially by teams like Davidson that has big guards. I honestly don't believe that French can see over double teams to find divers (and keep in mind cutters will only be open for a split second), a couple of times against Davidson, Hargrove dove the rim and was wide open but I'm pretty sure that with a 6'10" player and two 6'5" players in his face French didn't see him.  

13 minutes ago, MichaelC said:

I don't think this is as easy for French as it is for other "true" centers. At only 6'7" his vision is easily obstructed, especially by teams like Davidson that has big guards. I honestly don't believe that French can see over double teams to find divers (and keep in mind cutters will only be open for a split second), a couple of times against Davidson, Hargrove dove the rim and was wide open but I'm pretty sure that with a 6'10" player and two 6'5" players in his face French didn't see him.  

You may have a point here. Hargrove was open on what I want want us to do against the double/triple. Not sure he even looked. 

A lot of folks have said Has was doubled at Davidson, I was there and he normally had 3 guys around him at all times. Even though we hit 10 3s Davidson didn't care. They were committed to stopping French and JGood on the inside. Credit to McKillop for not panicking and altering his plan. I thought when we cut their lead to 1 he'd start to defend the perimeter, but he stuck with jamming the lane. Someone suggested we should use a cutter, which is a good plan, but Has has to be really quick with the pass. I still think the best option would have been to have kept Bell in the game to give Davidson another big to be concerned with. 

16 minutes ago, slu72 said:

A lot of folks have said Has was doubled at Davidson, I was there and he normally had 3 guys around him at all times. Even though we hit 10 3s Davidson didn't care. They were committed to stopping French and JGood on the inside. Credit to McKillop for not panicking and altering his plan. I thought when we cut their lead to 1 he'd start to defend the perimeter, but he stuck with jamming the lane. Someone suggested we should use a cutter, which is a good plan, but Has has to be really quick with the pass. I still think the best option would have been to have kept Bell in the game to give Davidson another big to be concerned with. 

and getting the zebras to call it both ways.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

and getting the zebras to call it both ways.

Yes, but how can the Billikens do that?  It would probably take 10 of Moytoy's and Skip's and Box's suitcases (or is it briefcases?  I'm not sure; suitcases are bigger though) and the officials still might not be inclined to shift the balance back towards fair.