GDT: The Not So Wild-Cats

Littlebill

Just now, almaman said:

o i c. so 218 great if from a list of 2000 or more. pretty mediocre if out of 250. It's all relative I guess.

Yes it's relative, but my point is that it's not like McKillop was winning an unusual amount of games over his career. He had a lot of good seasons and he hada a fair amount of down seasons (even after not counting his first few years at davidson)

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Or the three guys can stay right where they and force him into tough shots/take the charge.  

Or pass to an open man. He was stopped from doing that last night because all he see were hands and arms. Believe me, when he got the ball he immediately drew 3 defenders. It was brutal to watch. 

12 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Yes it's relative, but my point is that it's not like McKillop was winning an unusual amount of games over his career. He had a lot of good seasons and he hada a fair amount of down seasons (even after not counting his first few years at davidson)

I always have respect for teams that stick with a coach. Like the Steelers. I would love to have TF till he retires. Making the tournament every year not going to happen at most of the 353 programs.

1 hour ago, NH said:

I think you’re still comparing apples to oranges. Mckillops has been overwhelmingly successful at Davidson. That’s something that I think just about any fellow coach, fan or college basketball diehard would agree upon. He literally elevated the program to an entirely different level. There is a reason why he’s won 9 coach of the year awards.

Yep.  He's had 14 regular season championships + two conference tournament championships in years in which they were not the regular season champs.

Nine NCAA appearances, six NITs, one CBI.  Not too shabby.

Dambrot is a terrific coach too.