GDT: The Not So Wild-Cats

Littlebill

8 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I think it's rather petty of posters to continually pin "bad post" reactions on posters' board reputations simply because they disagree, if the post was stated civilly.

Word2all if I ever give anything other than "good post" it was an accident.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I think it's rather petty of posters to continually pin "bad post" reactions on posters' board reputations simply because they disagree, if the post was stated civilly.

I think that's a fair point - it isn't in the spirit of the reactions.

However, if we lose tonight, I think almost any loss not to Dayton/VCU/Richmond/Rhody is a bad loss for us. Tonight would be a true "sky is falling" type loss

NCAA NET entering tonight's play:  SLU 54, Davidson 110.  While Jerry Palm at CBS had SLU as an 11 seed in the Opening Round (Play-In) Game in Dayton, a NET of 54 is probably on the wrong side of the bubble for a team from the High Major, No Football, Outside the Power 5 + 1 (or 2) A10.  Stock is placed here with ESPN bracketologist and St. Joe's Joe Lunardi.  Davidson enters with a NET of 110.

Other A10 NET's:  Dayton 5, VCU 40, Duquesne 55, Richmond 56, URI 62, St. Bona 128, Mason 169, LaSalle 172, UMass 174, GW 198, St. Joe's 205, Fordham 277.  All games are big;  SLU's home games vs. VCU and Duquesne are really important.

If 13-5 in the ACC was something like "worst possible record to still be in conversation about at-large dancing" then at 3-2, the math starts to get hard, with Duquense, @Dayton, @URI, VCU, and Bonnies still on the schedule. We need to go 10-3 the rest of the way to get to 13-5. That's a lot of winning. Let's get started! Win tonight and the path to 5 straight wins looks doable. 

Just now, wgstl said:

Idea, if we win every game, we wont have to worry about where our future opponents rank

True.  If we win the A10 Tournament, we won't have to be concerned either.

But the probabilities are that neither will occur.  Winning the A10 Tournament is more of a possibility than winning out all together, which is unlikely.