How we doing today?

BillsFan526

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

With those 2. We really miss Jimerson's 3 and Fred's D. Plus Ford has said Fred was having a fantastic summer on O as well. Without them we're on a very thin bubble. Dayton won't be the only game that FTs and lack of 3s is gonna bite us. 

Let's hope not until the  rematch if at all.

23 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

Didn't feel like we had many offensive lulls. So we didn't need the spark plug he can be. His defense leaves to be desired against teams like Dayton. Not a personal knock. Love Tay. Just not a lock down defender.

Did Weaver get hurt? 

At the start of the second half he starting sitting at the end of the bench with the rest of the injured players and completely out of the team huddle during timeouts.  He did move back closer to the coaches later in the game.  We really needed a shooter or two, in the second half.  In fact with KCH not dressing for games , GJ out for the year, Jacobs not taking 3 pt shots, Fred out for who knows how long and Perkins losing his 3 pt shot we are in trouble from the arc.  We could sure use Tay to take some pressure off of HF.

If we could have matched just a couple of those SVU 3s down the stretch we win. I watched and was kind of stunned when I read we only took 4 the whole game. That's unreal. Of course, 20 of 37 from the line is also a little surreal, but we should be used to it by now. 

6 minutes ago, bauman said:

Did Weaver get hurt? 

At the start of the second half he starting sitting at the end of the bench with the rest of the injured players and completely out of the team huddle during timeouts.  He did move back closer to the coaches later in the game.  We really needed a shooter or two, in the second half.  In fact with KCH not dressing for games , GJ out for the year, Jacobs not taking 3 pt shots, Fred out for who knows how long and Perkins losing his 3 pt shot we are in trouble from the arc.  We could sure use Tay to take some pressure off of HF.

That's a reasonable question.  I asked about Weaver a couple of times in the GDT.

2 minutes ago, bauman said:

Did Weaver get hurt? 

Not that I noticed, but I wasn't looking for it. I don't disagree with you. I just think that Ford maybe preferred the defense versus the three point shooting. Of course I have no real idea. 

18 minutes ago, bauman said:

Did Weaver get hurt? 

He was mad at the end of the first half about something. French had his arm around him talking to him going into the locker room. Might of been mad about being yanked after his guy scored

3 minutes ago, slusam said:

He was mad at the end of the first half about something. French had his arm around him talking to him going into the locker room. Might of been mad about being yanked after his guy scored

I think TJ took some of his minutes. TJ had a nice defensive game. 

billiken_roy likes this

Last night's game was a microcosm of this weird fuoking season.

I had middling expectations at the start. We outperformed those and so I raised the bar. Some guys got hurt and I lowered it back. We surprised yet again and I regained some of that lost hope. And in the end it turns out that we have to fight our way up the mountain again. 

majerus mojo likes this

6 minutes ago, Bizziken said:

I had middling expectations at the start. We outperformed those and so I raised the bar. Some guys got hurt and I lowered it back. We surprised yet again and I regained some of that lost hope. And in the end it turns out that we have to fight our way up the mountain again. 

This is exactly how I feel. Glad you said this. 

I went into this season thinking: whatever happens...happens. NEXT Year we are going to be freaking awesome. Then I saw what we could do and I got so amped. I just wanted to keep yesterday competitive and then we went up 13 on Dayton and I wanted to keep the foot on the gas. Expectations adjusting all of the time. 

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Did Weaver get hurt? 

When he came out after halftime his right calf was wrapped up. It wasn't wrapped in the first half, so something happened, do not know what.

21 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

When he came out after halftime his right calf was wrapped up. It wasn't wrapped in the first half, so something happened, do not know what.

He played four minutes in the first half. He got beat bad for a bucket and I could see Ford was not happy. He left shortly after that, but his ‘negative’ was no worse than many others. 
An injury would make sense. 

1 hour ago, Bizziken said:

This is top shelf stuff for the faithful. We saw how bad it can be between RM & TF. Others older than I recently wrapped up recap of just how Fordhamish things were between Easy Ed & Savior of the only D-1 major team sport program in the metro area Rich Grawer. Just to even give a shht about a game like we all did this past week is about as good as we usually get around here. We need regroup and to go into their SweaterVest Pit  19-4 and see what happens.

There were so many positivism last night that the team can take moving forward, but for all of the good, there is nothing that would be more positive than winning that game.  ESPN headlines, more exposure, a notch on our belt vs  the other 30+ at-large teams we will be competing with for the last 6 spots in the dance.  Close doesn’t cut it.  The season is full close calls.  There are any number of teams who put up a good fight and will be in the NIT or worse.  No, this is a game we blew.  Dayton is a great team, but we gave it away at the line, the French turnover (tie up) was a killer, and they made about 100 long 3’s in the last 7 min. There is plenty of blame to go around.  If you want to be the best you have to beat the best, and we are close but not there.  I don’t know if we will be as long as the FT shooting is this poor.  Turnovers happen, contested shots are missed, sometimes you get beat on a play by a better player—-but the one thing you have total control over is a simple FT.  There’s nobody guarding you, nobody bumping you, no hands in the face, no risk of getting the ball rammed down your throat on a block.  

4 hours ago, dlarry said:

The walk back to the car last night was silent. Nobody in the group said a word.

Get in the car the only thing said was “f#*#” then it was a quiet drive home.

very weird feeling last night.

The street side sidewalk going to the garage was very quiet.  Slower than normal because of the slick spots.  There was a line going in the door because of the crowd and slick conditions.  Icing on the cake was people walking up the grass and butting in line while people waited in the sleet/rain.  Hopefully it wasn’t people from this board.  We’re all better than that.  Lol

6 hours ago, BillsFan526 said:

Woke up pretty depressed about the game. We were the better team and I really didn't think Dayton lived up to the hype. Need a pick me up.

How about this:

Thankful that we have a core group of young players that are only going to improve from here.

Thankful that we have Coach Ford that has resurrected this program from the depths of obscurity.

Thankful that we won the A-10 Tournament last year, have a fantastic record this year, and things are only pointing up.

Thankful that Coach Ford can recruit better than anyone we have ever seen, to include Majerus.

Thankful for Coach Ford and his staff for handling several difficult issues.

Thankful we have an awesome basketball venue, a great pool of recruits to choose from in Saint Louis for the future, and a team that appears highly motivated.

Fully confident that Ford realizes that SLU possibly has a free throw issue that needs improved.

We lost to a ranked team by 2 points, and we should have won it.  We were dominating much of the game, which is a very good sign.

Enjoy Ford and these players while we have them.  This year has been a positive surprise so far.  

Next year we will win it all.

GoBills73 likes this

3 hours ago, willie said:

I think TJ took some of his minutes. TJ had a nice defensive game. 

I thought it was the best defensive game for hargrove ive seen thus far.  Keeps that up his minutes will go way up.