Jordan Goodwin's NBA Chances

David King

28 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Given JJ Reddick's success, I could see Jimerson in the mix.  Long way to go, however.  Bell,yes --- because you can't teach height.  Hargrove is listed at 6'4" which screams two-guard to me.  He's going to need more development in terms of ball-handling and shooting.

had a dream about Hargrove the other night.... i think his stock SOARS

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

We are really considering Hargrove and Jimerson NBA prospects? and now Bell? 

Are there testing kits available for the Blue Virus? 

I guess Jimerson is a little shorter, but honestly Kyle Korver has been in the league for like 20 years so it seems plausible to me 

2 minutes ago, rgbilliken said:

I guess Jimerson is a little shorter, but honestly Kyle Korver has been in the league for like 20 years so it seems plausible to me 

I guess it's plausible. But heck Jacobs can find JGood's intensity and drive and it's plausible he plays in the NBA. 

2 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I guess it's plausible. But heck Jacobs can find JGood's intensity and drive and it's plausible he plays in the NBA. 

Of course a lot of this is fun hypotheticals, but I consider Jimerson one of the best NBA prospects on our team. I don’t think Goodwin or French will ever play in the NBA, although I hope they prove me wrong.

One thing I think going for Goodwin is his wingspan, which I believe I saw listed at 6’10”. It wouldn’t shock me if scouts saw him as having a pretty high defensive ceiling. 

57 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

be careful though skip.   a statement like this that down the road can be repeated out of context and come back badly on you.    i know that from experience.   this board is brutal about doing that in an effort to cheaply win points and debates

slufanskip likes this

Fred VanVleet was a better shooter (3pt and FT) than JG is today, but he's a good example of a somewhat unconventional player (not fitting an NBA mold in terms of height, vertical, length, stats, etc...) that has found NBA success. 

Takes a lot of work - like FVV put in - but guys like JG can make a place for themselves.

billiken_roy likes this

Just now, billiken_roy said:

be careful though skip.   a statement like this that down the road can be repeated out of context and come back badly on you.    i know that from experience.   this board is brutal about doing that in an effort to cheaply win points and debates

Lol, true but I don't care. But if we're talking "what if's" on a players chance to make the NBA, and Jacobs literally had JGood's work ethic, drive, and intensity on the court ... 

1 minute ago, slufanskip said:

Lol, true but I don't care. But if we're talking "what if's" on a players chance to make the NBA, and Jacobs literally had JGood's work ethic, drive, and intensity on the court ... 

oh i completely agree with you.   i touted jacobs all year on the points that he is an incredible athlete at worst probably the second best on the team last year, but the fact he doesnt possess the motor of goodwin.   my point is only that the mbm's here will remember this for years and throw it in your face out of context should it not turn out as you rightly claim could happen "IF".....

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

oh i completely agree with you.   i touted jacobs all year on the points that he is an incredible athlete at worst probably the second best on the team last year, but the fact he doesnt possess the motor of goodwin.   my point is only that the mbm's here will remember this for years and throw it in your face out of context should it not turn out as you rightly claim could happen "IF".....

my post though was in jest responding to posts that it's plausible that Hargrove, Bell, and Jimerson are NBA prospects. Actually I don't think Hargrove, Jimerson, Bell,or Jacobs are NBA prospects unless you are playing a big "what if" game.  Perkins, JGood, and Has imo are very borderline but all could be real prospects with improvement in just 1 or 2 skill sets. 

Actually, if Jimmy Bell really puts in the work and becomes more aggressive, he might have a decent shot at the NBA. He's got pretty good footwork already. And his shooting form looks good. I like his commitment to doing what it took to overcome the weight thing. Shows he's not afraid of what it takes to reach his goals. 

Just now, slufanskip said:

my post though was in jest responding to posts that it's plausible that Hargrove, Bell, and Jimerson are NBA prospects. Actually I don't think Hargrove, Jimerson, Bell,or Jacobs are NBA prospects unless you are playing a big "what if" game.  Perkins, JGood, and Has imo are very borderline but all could be real prospects with improvement in just 1 or 2 skill sets. 

To Jacobs’ credit, he has shown that time of work ethic in order to drastically improve from year one to year two. If he can continue that trajectory, and translate the work ethic to assertiveness on the court, I totally agree he’d have the makeup of a pro-level guard. Like you, I also think there’s a long way to get there.

32 minutes ago, Compton said:

Fred VanVleet was a better shooter (3pt and FT) than JG is today, but he's a good example of a somewhat unconventional player (not fitting an NBA mold in terms of height, vertical, length, stats, etc...) that has found NBA success. 

Takes a lot of work - like FVV put in - but guys like JG can make a place for themselves.

i bring up Blake ahearn occasionally , he was a shooter that spent some time on an nba roster, could gibson? maybe

billiken_roy likes this

7 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

The way we're going here, every player coming out of HS with a 3 * rating is an NBA prospect. 

All of them think they are. Like casting in Hollywood thousands answer some of those. Only one gets the job.

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

As Roger Whittaker sang "If's an Illusion, If is for Children"

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

and btw ... I'm less controversial than you so I don't take as much crap as you do LOL

6 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

and btw ... I'm less controversial than you so I don't take as much crap as you do LOL

if only they knew you like i do.  😄

slufanskip likes this

8 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Heck, at this rate 3* MBMs have a shot at the league. Unfortunately, I’m only a 2* MBM. 

A little work on your jumper to get your 3 % up to high 30's plus your 1st step defensively is a bit slow. I noticed you're opening up too much and really just sliding. You really need to drive hard on that 1st step to stay in front of your man. Work on these two things and we'll get you back up to a 3* which makes you potentially and NBA player

21 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

A little work on your jumper to get your 3 % up to high 30's plus your 1st step defensively is a bit slow. I noticed you're opening up too much and really just sliding. You really need to drive hard on that 1st step to stay in front of your man. Work on these two things and we'll get you back up to a 3* which makes you potentially and NBA player

Sounds like a lot of work. I’m just gonna go play in Europe. 

slufanskip and slu72 like this