Jordan Goodwin's NBA Chances

David King

41 minutes ago, FanMan said:

Just took a break for lunch and see you guys have taken a break from Call of Duty. Nice. 

Going to Swing by the Y and let the director know everyone “has a shot at the NBA” if they tweek a few areas of their game. 

Im going to drop off this forum. 

Pretty clear most of you have never played competitive Basketball or you wouldn’t be making dumbass comments about everybody and their brother having “a shot at the NBA” and even questioning if our 2 guard could be a first round draft choice.  Mind blowing. 

Most of you probably got cut from your junior high team so I understand. You talk like every guy I’ve ever known to that’s 5’8” or less. That must be awful. 

I’ll be back to work soon. Give em hell at Call of Duty. 

oh yea, I’ll give you a call on draft day. We can have a reunion with our top ten guys. 

I’ve shared these posts with some of my fellow hoopsters. You guys are real idiots 

Cue Green Days "Good Riddance". 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FanMan said:
1 hour ago, FanMan said:

Just took a break for lunch and see you guys have taken a break from Call of Duty.

Pretty clear most of you have never played competitive Basketball or you wouldn’t be making dumbass comments about everybody and their brother having “a shot at the NBA” and even questioning if our 2 guard could be a first round draft choice.  Mind blowing. 

My Boss man’s giving me a pea break because the compactor on our truck is on the fritz. So I checked Jimmy the Greek’s Vlog and one of his experts says if JGood progresses as much in his Sr year as his Jr year, he’s a likely lottery pick. My Charlotte Hornet’s could sure use a player like him now that Kemba’s gone.

rgbilliken and CBFan like this

Is anyone really saying Goodwin is a 1st rd draft pick as is? However to think if he improves his 3 to a consistent high 30's % with a decent amount of shots, improves his on ball defense, and his handles a bit he can't play in the NBA is nuts. JG has a heart and work ethic better than 90% of players in the NBA. Right now, he'd be one of the best rebounding guards in the league. So where he may be light in one area, he brings something different in another. He has work to do and yes probably a lot of work, but I wouldn't call it out of the question. 

slu2016 likes this

Anthony Bonner's comments on Jordan Goodwin, when asked by Frank C if he can be a pro.

"He is a pro in the making.  He still has steps to take, but he is right on schedule." 

Frank "Will he have an opportunity to be in the NBA?"

Bonner "His name is on every NBA Draft Board."

TrollPants, any response to a former NBA player's evaluation of Jordan?

• 2 months later...

All I know is when I saw Hughes play as a Jr in HS it was evident.  You knew wo a doubt he was going. I love these guys but I dont see anything that obviates NBA likelihood for me.

7 hours ago, nimble said:

I don't know if this is my youth talking, but Javonte is the best NBA prospect that SLU has had since 2000 and it's not even close. Kid is the truth.

Amazing. We have two guys declare for the draft, you and a few others saying Perkins is actually the best NBA prospect, and I’m over hearing thinking it’s Jimerson.

What a time to be a bills fan. 

6 hours ago, wgstl said:

Amazing. We have two guys declare for the draft, you and a few others saying Perkins is actually the best NBA prospect, and I’m over hearing thinking it’s Jimerson.

What a time to be a bills fan. 

Perkins and Jimerson are honestly the two most likely NBA pros. Goodwin will make a TON of money overseas and French will have the option to go for big overseas basketball money or the NFL

48 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Willie Reed was a decent prospect, just couldn't keep his off the court life under control.

Tommie Liddell would have had a good shot at getting drafted after his sophomore year.

19 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Well, so far this board is saying we got 4 potential NBA'ers. By jeeza, we ought to be hell on wheels next season. 

To be fair, most are saying we DON’T have 4 future NBA players. Rather, we have 4, maybe 5, guys with a ceiling that could land them on an NBA roster.

Who is the 5th potential NBA roster guy? Jimerson?   Hard to tell. Only a frosh.  Good shooter and tall.  Certainly not the freshman skills of Larry Hughes, Jason Tatum, Bradley Beal .... but maybe after 4 years. 

But due to his height and freshman skills/potential, maybe Bell should be on the NBA prospect watch list too?

7 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Who is the 5th potential NBA roster guy? Jimerson?   Hard to tell. Only a frosh.  Good shooter and tall.  Certainly not the freshman skills of Larry Hughes, Jason Tatum, Bradley Beal .... but maybe after 4 years. 

But due to his height and freshman skills/potential, maybe Bell should be on the NBA prospect watch list too?

Those are three top 10 picks. Hardly the best comparison for NBA talent

11 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Perkins, Jimerson, Hargrove, French, Goodwin

Given JJ Reddick's success, I could see Jimerson in the mix.  Long way to go, however.  Bell,yes --- because you can't teach height.  Hargrove is listed at 6'4" which screams two-guard to me.  He's going to need more development in terms of ball-handling and shooting.

1 hour ago, Clock_Tower said:

to be fair you are wanting to compare our roster to 3 of the greatest basketball player to ever come out of st louis.   i think the point is that jimmerson, perkins, goodwin and french have enough talent that at some point in their life they might make an nba roster.  that is a pretty big difference.  

dennis_w and Compton like this