Jordan Goodwin's NBA Chances

David King

I said earlier that If you play in storm it’s highly unlikely you could get hit by lightning but it does happen. Anything is possible. My point is the odds are unbelievably slim. Almost zero. You act  like these guys have a solid shot. That is completely insane. For every Caruso You show me I’ll literally show you a 1,000 with much greater talent that didn’t make it!!!  That’s a fact. 
There are 300+ division 1 schools and this conversation is about 5-6 have a legit shot at the NBA???  Really??? I’m guessing you don’t invest in the stock market???  You have to cut through all the bull**** and do a lot of analysis including their competitors. If our guys were “stocks” you’d invest your hard earned money that they were “legit” going to make it to the NBA??? I hope you don’t mind living in a mobile home. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, FanMan said:

Not very good examples?

1) Jimmer is NOT in the NBA. How is that not a good example. He’s NOT in Period. Meaning if he were good enough right now he’d be in. 

2) Grayson Allen is NOT on the Memphis Grizzles!!  He’s on the Vancouver Grizzles. FYI that’s a G league team. Again, he’s not in the NBA right now because he’s not good enough 

Both of these guys are absolute studs.  To think that Goodwin could be called before either these guys is insane. 

Jimmer played 241games in in the NBA. He was evidently "good enough" for 6 years. Actually, Jimmer played in the NBA for 10 years, including 6 games last year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/f/fredeji01.html

Yes, Grayson Allen is on the Memphis Grizzlies. He's playing right now against New Orleans Pelicans. Already played 6 minutes in first half.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3135045/grayson-allen

Edited by David King

32 minutes ago, FanMan said:

I said earlier that If you play in storm it’s highly unlikely you could get hit by lightning but it does happen. Anything is possible. My point is the odds are unbelievably slim. Almost zero. You act  like these guys have a solid shot. That is completely insane. For every Caruso You show me I’ll literally show you a 1,000 with much greater talent that didn’t make it!!!  That’s a fact. 
There are 300+ division 1 schools and this conversation is about 5-6 have a legit shot at the NBA???  Really??? I’m guessing you don’t invest in the stock market???  You have to cut through all the bull**** and do a lot of analysis including their competitors. If our guys were “stocks” you’d invest your hard earned money that they were “legit” going to make it to the NBA??? I hope you don’t mind living in a mobile home. 

You’re making bad-faith arguments. No one said 5-6 billikens could make an NBA team. You’ve often thrown that out as a straw man, but no other poster has said that. That’s crazy and obviously won’t happen. However, posters have said that there is a tiny chance that one of the billikens could some day have a shot. Posters have thrown out different names as to who they think would have the small chance of making it, but no one is saying Bell, Goodwin, Perkins, Jimerson and whoever else are all going to make it.

Also, are you a grown adult anonymously rage typing about how you know a ton more about the stock market than someone you’ve never met and wishing that random adult will live in a mobile home haha? Maybe sign off and take a breath bud haha . 

You might want to read the entire thread!

We actually had a poster asking “could Goodwin be a first round draft choice””””. You now are saying a “Tiny” chance?  Which is it??

Who’s wishing that someone live in a mobile home??  

That’s for bitter people and Junior High kids. 
I’m neither.  I’m just interested in writing about a topic until I believe it  

read, then respond. It works better. 

20 minutes ago, FanMan said:

You might want to read the entire thread!

We actually had a poster asking “could Goodwin be a first round draft choice””””. You now are saying a “Tiny” chance?  Which is it??

Who’s wishing that someone live in a mobile home??  

That’s for bitter people and Junior High kids. 
I’m neither.  I’m just interested in writing about a topic until I believe it  

read, then respond. It works better. 

You are interested in writing about a topic until you believe in it? So you just keep posting until you convince yourself? Agreed on that.

There's a difference between a guy who plays for ten years and a guy who plays for ten days. I'd taken even odds that somebody on the current roster plays ten days or more in the NBA. I'd bet on Jimerson because of the shooting.

There's a lot of guys overseas who took way more money and bypassed the chance of getting called up in case of a rash of injuries. Some guys would rather take that guaranteed paycheck than toil for a minor league basketball team with less fans than they had in high school and a measly paycheck. 

11 minutes ago, FanMan said:

Not interested*

However, you are correct. I just hope Hightower can fix his free throw shooting. Then, he can join the rest of our top 7 in the NBA. 

Happy? Done sniffling. Lol. Wow. 

You are a dick. And you started off nice enough asking for extra tickets. 

17 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

MAYBE HE DOES

Image result for stonks

Just took a break for lunch and see you guys have taken a break from Call of Duty. Nice. 

Going to Swing by the Y and let the director know everyone “has a shot at the NBA” if they tweek a few areas of their game. 

Im going to drop off this forum. 

Pretty clear most of you have never played competitive Basketball or you wouldn’t be making dumbass comments about everybody and their brother having “a shot at the NBA” and even questioning if our 2 guard could be a first round draft choice.  Mind blowing. 

Most of you probably got cut from your junior high team so I understand. You talk like every guy I’ve ever known to that’s 5’8” or less. That must be awful. 

I’ll be back to work soon. Give em hell at Call of Duty. 

oh yea, I’ll give you a call on draft day. We can have a reunion with our top ten guys. 

I’ve shared these posts with some of my fellow hoopsters. You guys are real idiots 

TaLBErt and rgbilliken like this

5 minutes ago, FanMan said:

Just took a break for lunch and see you guys have taken a break from Call of Duty. Nice. 

Going to Swing by the Y and let the director know everyone “has a shot at the NBA” if they tweek a few areas of their game. 

Pretty clear most of you have never played competitive Basketball or you wouldn’t be making dumbass comments about everybody and their brother having “a shot at the NBA” and even questioning if our 2 guard could be a first round draft choice.  Mind blowing. 

Most of you probably got cut from your junior high team so I understand. You talk like every guy I’ve ever known to that’s 5’8” or less. That must be awful. 

oh yea, I’ll give you a call on draft day. We can have a reunion with our top ten guys. 

I’ve shared these posts with some of my fellow hoopsters. You guys are real idiots 

this is such a loss to the billikens.com community.   not often we lose a mbm of this quality.

rgbilliken and dennis_w like this

6 minutes ago, FanMan said:

Jokes on you if you have to take a break from work for lunch. I don’t ever take breaks 

7 minutes ago, FanMan said:

No wait don’t go. 

rgbilliken and Reinert310 like this

15 minutes ago, FanMan said:

See ya Jerry!