GDT: Arch Baron Cup

johnbj14

4 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I care absolutely nothing about trash talking.  Zero.  Some of my favorite players were disrespectful trash talkers.  My least favorite players are cheap shot artists -- guys who throw elbows above the shoulders, commit hard fouls after the player is airborne, etc.  That kind of play can end an opponent's career.

Some of my favorite SLU players were and are big trash talkers. Jordair Jett, Brian Conklin, Jordan Goodwin all talk(ed) a ton of trash on the court. 

hmart23 and slufanskip like this

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

if you guys are defending crutcher, you werent watching the game.   

Watched the whole thing from 208 and again on DVR. I'm not defending him. I can't wait to play them again so we hopefully make him eat his words. He's got some moxie to drain a shot like that in our building. Kid is a baller. So to call him a thug for some trash talk is just overdone. Was Larry Bird a thug? 

24 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

Watched the whole thing from 208 and again on DVR. I'm not defending him. I can't wait to play them again so we hopefully make him eat his words. He's got some moxie to drain a shot like that in our building. Kid is a baller. So to call him a thug for some trash talk is just overdone. Was Larry Bird a thug? 

yes.  i hated larry bird

7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

yes.  i hated larry bird

What about Jett, Conklin, and Goodwin?

They talked all types of stuff.

Goodwin flexes at opposing players after a big dunk.

Trash talk is part of the game and most players, at least the really good ones, talk during games.

35 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

My favorite Larry Bird trash talk story was his left handed game.

Told the media and the other team before tip he was only going to shoot left handed.

He played 3 quarters left handed and ended with over 40 points.
Guy is a freaking legend.

20 hours ago, brianstl said:

I thought I saw Mario McKinney take a seat in 103 after the game started, but not sure. 

Seemed like there were lots of recruits at the game in the seats behind the Bills' bench.  It looked like AB was sitting with them.  I wish I knew who the recruits were but I don't know what they look like since I have not seen any of them play.  A great atmosphere for them to see SLU and Chaifetz at our best (except for FT shooting).

Speaking of Chaifetz, if any of you looked at the series of pictures from the game, which appeared in the online PD articles, Dr. C is referred to as "a fan" in one of the pics.  Great job of editing, P-D !

25 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

Well... your thoughts are invalid to me now. 

well i wont be able to sleep tonight now.  

hmart23 likes this

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Seemed like there were lots of recruits at the game in the seats behind the Bills' bench.  It looked like AB was sitting with them.  I wish I knew who the recruits were but I don't know what they look like since I have not seen any of them play.  A great atmosphere for them to see SLU and Chaifetz at our best (except for FT shooting).

Speaking of Chaifetz, if any of you looked at the series of pictures from the game, which appeared in the online PD articles, Dr. C is referred to as "a fan" in one of the pics.  Great job of editing, P-D !

Yea I thought there were recruits sitting there too.  Couldn't see faces from across the arena though.  Looking at Franks video of the final free throw and shot from Dayton, if it was recruits, they were into the game.

1 hour ago, VeniceMenace said:

SLU comes within a tenth of a second of beating Dayton and someone is equating Ford to Barry Odom?

Ford has the 300th least experienced team out of the 353 Division I teams...for decent chunks of the game freshman like Bell and Hargrove defending America NBA lotto pick.

Other than their first game of the year, every single Dayton win up until this one was by double digits....their only losses were to two Top 25 teams, both in OT.

SLU has a NET ranking of 54, in the dance conversation. This is arguably the best coaching job of any SLU coach in the past 40 years and he’s being labeled the next Barry Odom.

It’s a troll job, always been that way. 

2 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

SLU comes within a tenth of a second of beating Dayton and someone is equating Ford to Barry Odom?

Ford has the 300th least experienced team out of the 353 Division I teams...for decent chunks of the game freshman like Bell and Hargrove defending America NBA lotto pick.

Other than their first game of the year, every single Dayton win up until this one was by double digits....their only losses were to two Top 25 teams, both in OT.

SLU has a NET ranking of 54, in the dance conversation. This is arguably the best coaching job of any SLU coach in the past 40 years and he’s being labeled the next Barry Odom.

This. We can make the tournament this season no doubt, but imagine how good Ford's program is going to be next year. No reason for any single Billikens fan to question what Ford has built here. 

13 hours ago, dlarry said:

What did everybody think about the screen that sent Collins to the locker-room?

It might have been my homerism coming through but I was pretty sure the guy threw his shoulder into Collins jaw.

Im not upset about the refs missing/not calling it that’s a thought call to make but from my seats I thought it might have been a little dirty.

I know this is a mighty hypocritical post because I consider the Conklin screen one of my favorite Billiken moments.

I think my comment at the time was Yurimania just got Conklined. 

5 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

skip, obi's behavior was kitten like compared to crutcher.   crutcher was a JO supreme.  mouthing off constantly and talking trash with the billikens.  that is a thug b!tch if i ever saw one.   i give him the 2020 A10 a-hole of the year.  

I really don't care about trash talking it doesn't result in points for our opponent. In fact I like a bit of trash talking. Seriously I didn't notice.

2 hours ago, Bills_06 said:

Yea I thought there were recruits sitting there too.  Couldn't see faces from across the arena though.  Looking at Franks video of the final free throw and shot from Dayton, if it was recruits, they were into the game.

I don’t know who they were because I’m just not into it until they commit , but yes they were very much into the game. 

I am a huge Ford fan from the day of the hire.  I do not like second guessing but watching the last 6 seconds my immediate thought was how come we are not pressing the inbound pass.  Dayton had an open floor to dribble and pass to the 3 point line.  Just some token pressure may have put them 10 feet further out on that last shot.  Been bothering me since Friday.

23 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Are you sure? I thought they were like 17th. They were stomping everyone until we beat them. 

no i dont think they were. They were only 2-0 going into that game.