• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, thetorch said:

Why can't we criticize Ford????

Fuok this small time thinking. 

Dayton is the Fuoking #5 program in the country with a terrible bench coach who made Ford look like he should be coaching freshman girls at Nerinx Hall.  

No 2nd half adjustments to stop open 3s.  Didn't even call a timeout.

Lets Obi hide on defense late in the game and OT guarding Hargrove.  Attack him.

Doesn't set our defense up on the last play even though we had a timeout.  Jacobs had no idea what to do.  Watch the replay he backpedaled into Obi, ran backwards 3/4 of the way down the court.  Collins ran back to the fuoking baseline!!!  For what, a 5'9 guy to protect the rim.

I don't care about free throws.  We know the team we have, we suck at free throws like other teams suck at rebounding or shooting 3s.  All teams have deficiencies, you have to work through them.  

This game was ours and it could be the difference between making the tourney or not.  

Ford blew this one.  I'm not saying fire him, but their is nothing wrong with admitting a loss is on the coach.  This one was.  We were in complete control of this game and he was outcoached down the stretch.

You’re wrong, we didn’t have a time out left.

9 hours ago, Littlebill said:

Do you think Ford wanted them to sag off? Go under screens? Against this team? Jesus man. Some are too stupid for the internet

Yes, I'm wondering how many posters were in the huddle. Seems we have quite a few posters who actually do get to hear what instructions are being given.

1 hour ago, An A-10 fan said:

Some of you may not be in the mood to read this post from a fan who had no dog in last night's fight, but that was a really entertaining game from my perspective. I watched the whole game.

These 2 teams really showcased the league.  Sorry to see your team come up on the short end in a real heart-breaker. 

It was interesting to read the 2 fan-bases respective message boards during the game.

Here's a link to one of the boards that Dayton has https://udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33798.

Despite the Bills loss to Dayton, I still believe they have a realistic shot at the NCAA.  

Teams like SLU,  Duquesne, VCU, Richmond and Rhode Island just can't afford to lose to the bottom-feeders in the league like GW, Fordham, UMass and St. Joe.

I know a lot of the Duquesne fans were pulling for Dayton because they are really looking forward to the Jan, 29 game at Duquesne and they want Dayton to be in the Top 10.  I wasn't looking at last night's game that way.

It will be interesting to see if the Dukes get any where close to 10,000 fans for their home game with Dayton.  I'd be happy if 5,000 to 6,000 show up as long as half of them aren't Dayton fans. (They travel well to Pittsburgh for Saturday games in Pittsburgh. Luckily, this is a Wed. game).

I was at the DU-Fordham game at PPG Paints Arena the other day and only 2300 showed up. It was only the 2nd game of the season for them at a venue within walking distance of the campus on an evening with perfect weather conditions so that was a disappointing turnout for a team having its best season in 49 years.

Good luck to your team the rest of the way.  

I believe 4  teams from the A-10  will make it this year and 2 of them should be SLU and the Dukes if the rest of the schedule plays out like it should.  

By the way, SLU's loss AT Duquesne was not a "bad loss" like some have claimed.

Dayton will run duq out of the gym

losing to duq is a bad loss

Just now, moytoy12 said:

The only bad thing about that loss is how we played.  Play like we did last night and we win that game by double digits. 

That’s what I’m saying. We’re so much better than them, so it’s a game we should have had, no doubt about it.

5 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

That’s what I’m saying. We’re so much better than them, so it’s a game we should have had, no doubt about it.

We were better last night than Duquesne has been in any game this season.  But the Javonte Perkins and Yuri Collins we saw last night didn't play against Duquesne.  That's the next step in this team's evolution.  Consistency.

8 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Seeing elsewhere that UD fans think the refs were worse for them than they were for us?????

The A10 refs are a longstanding and perennial issue.  While I'm not blaming the refs per se for this loss, one definitely could.  There were multiple pro-UD bailouts, no calls on clear Dayton fouls on SLU, questionable charges on SLU.  Goodwin was called for a charge when the UD defender was clearly moving.  Toppin fouled Goodwin on a late jumper, no call.

This was a gut wrenching, heartbreaking loss.  SLU, even with hitting only 20-37 FT's, outplayed Dayton, outhustled Dayton, and should have won the game.  Period.

It was also a great college basketball game.

44 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Yes, I'm wondering how many posters were in the huddle. Seems we have quite a few posters who actually do get to hear what instructions are being given.

It’s pretty safe to assume Ford wanted us (or atleast was OK with us) sagging off the 3 pt shooters as we were doing it most of the game and he wasn’t screaming at players or taking them out. It’s much more likely than the players just doing the opposite of what Ford wanted and him just standing quietly watching it.

He took a gamble and let them get open looks and they hit shots.

1 minute ago, glazedandconfused said:

It’s pretty safe to assume Ford wanted us (or atleast was OK with us) sagging off the 3 pt shooters as we were doing it most of the game and he wasn’t screaming at players or taking them out. It’s much more likely than the players just doing the opposite of what Ford wanted and him just standing quietly watching it.

He took a gamble and let them get open looks and they hit shots.

Hitting 6 out of 6 3's down the stretch is a statistical anomaly.  Dayton won the game on a 30 foot shot at the horn.

Just now, Bay Area Billiken said:

Hitting 6 out of 6 3's down the stretch is a statistical anomaly.  Dayton won the game on a 30 foot shot at the horn.

1/250 calculated above doesn’t check out.

1. a 40% 3pt shooter for the season is much better when it’s an uncontested 3.

2. if a shooter has just made 4 3s in a row, he’s still going to make the next one 40% of the time. I’m just saying Ford could’ve easily adjusted after say the 3rd 3. The whole arena knew they were getting hot.

1 minute ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Watched the replay of that shot a few times and wonder if TJ should have left his man to contest.  Sure, his man would have been open, but not sure there would have been enough time for Crutcher to pass and the open guy to get the shot off.  Tough split second decision for anyone, especially a freshman. 

Bizziken likes this

1 minute ago, moytoy12 said:

Watched the replay of that shot a few times and wonder if TJ should have left his man to contest.  Sure, his man would have been open, but not sure there would have been enough time for Crutcher to pass and the open guy to get the shot off.  Tough split second decision for anyone, especially a freshman. 

I might have put TJ on him. Long arms and whatnot. 

5 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

1/250 calculated above doesn’t check out.

1. a 40% 3pt shooter for the season is much better when it’s an uncontested 3.

2. if a shooter has just made 4 3s in a row, he’s still going to make the next one 40% of the time. I’m just saying Ford could’ve easily adjusted after say the 3rd 3. The whole arena knew they were getting hot.

Crutcher's game winner was contested.  Toppin screened Jacobs, but Jacobs recovered enough to at least get a hand up, albeit late.  You also can't foul in that situation, as SLU was up by only 1.  

SLU is playing 7 players, due to the losses of Thatch and Jimerson.  Getting out to contest down the 3 was probably not physically easy.  The game plan seemed to be to give Dayton the 3, and for 3/4 of the game, the plan worked.  Dayton was 2-16 on 3's at one point.  Regrettably, Dayton then hit 6 of 6 3's, by 3 different players.