GDT: Arch Baron Cup

johnbj14

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

ESPN+ subscription doesn’t get you this game I don’t think. I think it’s gotta be a cable account.

If you have cable you will be able to watch it through the ESPN app on your phone. You’ll just need to sign in with your cable company’s credentials

Amazingly (I'm looking out my window right now, seeing nothing on the horizon), our Provost has CLOSED the university today, per an email a little while ago.  No worries, game still on of course ... But please leave extra early if you're coming to campus, and remember tip time is 6 not 7 pm:

Dear Members of the SLU Community,

The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for the St. Louis area with snow, sleet, and freezing rain.

The University is closed today. We will resume regular operations on Saturday. Only emergency personnel — as identified by their respective vice president or the provost — should remain at work.

1. The SLU-Dayton Basketball game will be held as scheduled in the Chaifetz Arena at 6 p.m.
  2. All other scheduled on-campus events on Friday are canceled. If you have an event planned, please alert attendees that the event will not be held.
  3. Shuttles: All SLU shuttles will cease operations today. They will resume regular hours of operation on Saturday.
  4. Simon Recreation Center: May close for part of the day depending upon conditions.

20 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Someone pointed me out today that Dayton's only road game this season was at LaSalle.  Lets gooooo

Dayton won at LaSalle and at St. Joes.  Not exactly the cream of the crop in the A10.  They played no non-conference road games.

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

If only there was a space that could be used. Maybe around 3700 Laclede? 

did it ever get torn down?  haven't been over that way in a while because theres absolutely no reason to. 

52 minutes ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

Good news is, if the attendance were to be hurting today people would be dumping their tickets on stub hub, but there not and if someone does they get bought right up.

I've been monitoring this as well.  I do wonder though about the older folks who make up a large portion of our season ticket base.  They've likely never used StubHub and are the ones most likely to be deterred by bad weather.  Further, they're probably used to letting their seats go to waste if they don't go to games, so they may not make an effort to get them to anyone else.  Hopefully, StubHub is a good indicator and the weather is going to be a non-factor in terms of how full the arena is.  I'm also hopeful that the weather may deter folks driving from Ohio even if it doesn't deter locals.

Another thing looking at StubHub tells me is that SLU really needs to add more pricing tiers within sections and go to dynamic pricing for games.  For example, those upper bowl center court seats should not be priced the same for the top row as they are for the bottom row in the section.  They also should not be $40 for a mid-week non-conference game vs High Point and the same price for this game.  I know SLU uses a lot of promos to effectively adjust pricing for games, but IMO a dynamic pricing model would be best.  The Cardinals have had dynamic pricing for a while now, so I doubt it would confuse people.

Edited by RUBillsFan
Added 2nd Paragraph

15 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I've been monitoring this as well.  I do wonder though about the older folks who make up a large portion of our season ticket base.  They've likely never used StubHub and are the ones most likely to be deterred by bad weather.  Further, they're probably used to letting their seats go to waste if they don't go to games, so they may not make an effort to get them to anyone else.  Hopefully, StubHub is a good indicator and the weather is going to be a non-factor in terms of how full the arena is.  I'm also hopeful that the weather may deter folks driving from Ohio even if it doesn't deter locals.

Another thing looking at StubHub tells me is that SLU really needs to add more pricing tiers within sections and go to dynamic pricing for games.  For example, those upper bowl center court seats should not be priced the same for the top row as they are for the bottom row in the section.  They also should not be $40 for a mid-week non-conference game vs High Point and the same price for this game.  I know SLU uses a lot of promos to effectively adjust pricing for games, but IMO a dynamic pricing model would be best.  The Cardinals have had dynamic pricing for a while now, so I doubt it would confuse people.

Crazy to think my $99 season tix in section 208 could fetch for $50 on Stub Hub for one big game. 

Just spoke with as friendly Dayton fan during my lunch at the Galleria Mall.  I saw the hat and had to talk to him.

Nice guy fly’s up here from Georgia every year for the game.