For the Arch-Baron Cup!

Where was the story of the Dayton guy going to St. Louis and falling out of the tree trying to get the Orange Marmalade .  Was a humor piece

Brain fart, should have read the history of the Arch Baron Cup, before posting....oopsie...  still funny....

12 hours ago, tarheelbilliken said:

I been following SLU basketball for over 50 years and seen a lot of UD-SLU games, both on TV and in person, and this is the 1st time I've heard of this Arch Baron Cup :)

If you haven't heard of the Arch-Baron cup then you haven't been paying attention. My Grandpa went to SLU on the GI Bill and I grew up listening to stories of cup lore and legend as a little lad sitting on his knee. 

I spent three nights in a Dayton prison naked and shivering after attempting to steal The Cup from Dayton's athletic offices on a fraternity dare and I'd do it again. 

Just now, prebilliken said:

If you haven't heard of the Arch-Baron cup then you haven't been paying attention. My Grandpa went to SLU on the GI Bill and I grew up listening to stories of cup lore and legend as a little lad sitting on his knee. 

I spent three nights in a Dayton prison naked and shivering after attempting to steal the cup from Dayton's athletic offices on a Fraternity dare and I'd do it again. 

It was a daring heist attempt to be sure. That level of hi-jinx is healthy for this rivalry compared to the basketball hooliganism that plagued the rivalry in the late 80s. It’s the reason my uncle waited until the early 90s to bring me to the Arch Baron Cup games.  

prebilliken likes this

This year will be my first time back to see us take on the Flyers in Dayton since New Year's Eve 2003. It was a memorable trip for a number of reasons, but I will never forget seeing a male cheerleader drop a girl and seeing her fall about 6.5 feet and bounce off of the floor. And since I am a terrible person instead of reacting to help the cheerleader who had just fallen I turned my head and broke out in laughter. Welp, we all have stories, looking forward to creating some more memories a few weeks from now.

prebilliken likes this