The Wiz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, wgstl said:

Oh it will, I’m just hoping not too much 

According to Channel 5 you would think the world was going to end this afternoon. Then the weatherman comes on and says the accumulation won’t be substantial. 

16 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

According to Channel 5 you would think the world was going to end this afternoon. Then the weatherman comes on and says the accumulation won’t be substantial. 

SLU is closed today due to the weather forecast.

7 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

SLU is closed today due to the weather forecast.

This is weak.  That place needs to be loud for the Bills.  I really hope people don’t bail.

back on topic.  I just bet the Bills +7.5 bc I couldn’t resist.  I think my lifetime record betting my team is 1-7 😂. So I’m due.

The 1 W was an angry/drunken “everything in my wallet” bet in Vegas last March on SLU to cover +2 2nd half against VA tech.  

Bizziken likes this

7 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

This is weak.  That place needs to be loud for the Bills.  I really hope people don’t bail.

back on topic.  I just bet the Bills +7.5 bc I couldn’t resist.  I think my lifetime record betting my team is 1-7 😂. So I’m due.

The 1 W was an angry/drunken “everything in my wallet” bet in Vegas last March on SLU to cover +2 2nd half against VA tech.  

Oh the causal fans will most definitely bail but at least classes are cancelled so the students can drink all day. 

48 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Let’s relax here. People working from home and no school will give people all day to adjust plans to make getting to the game easier. School closing doesn’t change anything. 

NextYearBill and SLU_Nick like this

1 hour ago, Westy03 said:

Channel 5 is an absolute clown show when it comes to weather forecasts.

1 hour ago, joe_davola said:

Channel 5 is an absolute clown show when it comes to weather forecasts.

I just watched fox 2 and they were more of a "chill, you'll live" in regards to today's weather

According to the record book, the Chaifetz attendance record is 10,639 for a February 15 game against VCU in 2014, which was 39 over capacity.  I had high hopes until the weather forecast that this would top that.  

3 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I had high hopes until the weather forecast that this would top that.  

I predict lots of locals will bail, given the weather paranoia of STL folk.  Lots, meaning especially some of the wealthier patrons in the good seats.   For the diehards:   please leave extra early if you're coming to campus, arrive safe and sound, enjoy a beverage, and remember tip time is 6 not 7 pm: go bills!

14 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

I predict lots of locals will bail, given the weather paranoia of STL folk.  Lots, meaning especially some of the wealthier patrons in the good seats.   For the diehards:   please leave extra early if you're coming to campus, arrive safe and sound, enjoy a beverage, and remember tip time is 6 not 7 pm: go bills!

Yep, I expect to see the lower bowl near center court fairly empty at the start of the game.  I know SLU likes the revenue from those seats, but they need to figure out how to get butts in those seats. At a minimum, give the wealthy patrons the seats on the other side that aren't normally in the TV/camera shot.  Bugs me to no end to see those seats empty during a lot of games. 

DoctorB likes this

1 minute ago, moytoy12 said:

Yep, I expect to see the lower bowl near center court fairly empty at the start of the game.

I got lots of interested friends, most of them unafraid of apocalyptic weather scenarios; SO if any of you scaredy cats want to put some more butts in lower bowl seats, just contact me...  still recall that VCU rocker, along with similar barn burners against Xavier, Butler, etc...  Tonight is CAN'T MISS basketball.  Don't let the paint dry on y'all.

moytoy12 and billiken_roy like this

I've been tracking ticket prices on Stub Hub. The high was $30, it went down to $24 this am, and is back up to $30. That's a good sign.

The local softie will stay away. Let's hope they at least give their tickets away or sell them. I plan to take my son, get there by 4pm, enjoy a nice dinner on campus, and get to Chaifetz by 5:30pm.

Westy03 likes this

4 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

7.5 is a good spread for SLU -- I may take that. 

23 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

No finals, no midterms, no school on Monday, no excuses. And to be fair, all 1,000 student tix were claimed.

right -- I had many students tell me yesterday -- like 15-20 or more -- that they wanted to go but there were no tickets left.  That was in just one class too.  Only 1000, is that true?  Less than 10% of arena for students, who actually pay a pretty steep fee for such things.  Too bad we cannot get some of them into the empty seats...

8 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

right -- I had many students tell me yesterday -- like 15-20 or more -- that they wanted to go but there were no tickets left.  That was in just one class too.  Only 1000, is that true?  Less than 10% of arena for students, who actually pay a pretty steep fee for such things.  Too bad we cannot get some of them into the empty seats...

They should get free SRO tickets and fill in the empty spots.

Billiken Rich likes this