GDT Beat the Spahhders

Littlebill

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Frank Cusumano said that JB, has a second practice almost everyday with one of the coaches. 

Good to know. Although, I thought last year AB really helped the team out when we were shorthanded and really helped Has and Foreman. Can't see where it would hurt to have him come in and assist w/ Jimmy Bell. 

31 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Good to know. Although, I thought last year AB really helped the team out when we were shorthanded and really helped Has and Foreman. Can't see where it would hurt to have him come in and assist w/ Jimmy Bell. 

If I remember correctly, the only reason he helped out was that we were short players and that is not the situation this year.

23 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Posters reacting "troll" to this post by Pistol are completely missing the mark and should self-impose a one-day ban.

The joke is that apparently calling someone a troll is a compliment so we we’re complimenting pistol’s post. Seeing as pistol commented the same and a ton of people liked that comment, you are the one missing the mark. See you in 24 hours after your self-imposed ban

36 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

The joke is that apparently calling someone a troll is a compliment so we we’re complimenting pistol’s post. Seeing as pistol commented the same and a ton of people liked that comment, you are the one missing the mark. See you in 24 hours after your self-imposed ban

Oh.  I see.  Yeah, that went over my head.  However, my recommendation for a self-imposed ban applies to different criteria — I didn't react "troll" to anyone.

The thing is, a "troll" reaction affects a poster's reputation negatively, even if it's supposed to be ironic.  It's like slapping someone in the face and saying it was done with affection.  But it still hurts!

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

"Most internet users know that calling someone a troll is generally meant as a compliment."

Older users like me who are confused by that internet stuff appreciate the troll tip.

I was getting mad when I was called a troll now I understand.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I noted we were short handed. Why don't folks think AB couldn't help Jimmy Bell?!

He was not coaching but he was actually practicing with the team.  I understand that you said we were short handed but what I was trying to point out was that Bonner only got involved because we were shorthanded.  We are not short handed now so the situation is completely different.  I am sure Bonner could help Bell once the season is over and if he wanted to just show up at the gym sometime then imagine that could happen.

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

I have found Sports Bars are great places to watch the opening days of the NCAA, unless the Bills are in it. Then I watch at home. Too many trolls and drunks who know little or nothing about the teams that are playing.  

One of my favorite non game Billiken memories was a sports bar in Baltimore when we played in the NCAA’s there. We had won there that day and had a great time watching other games talking hoops with other schools fans. It didn’t hurt that a SLU alum from NY was buying drinks on his company’s expense account. I know we all loved our weekend in Columbus but for our older fans Baltimore was pretty great. 

11 minutes ago, willie said:

One of my favorite non game Billiken memories was a sports bar in Baltimore when we played in the NCAA’s there. We had won there that day and had a great time watching other games talking hoops with other schools fans. It didn’t hurt that a SLU alum from NY was buying drinks on his company’s expense account. I know we all loved our weekend in Columbus but for our older fans Baltimore was pretty great. 

Both weekends were great!

3 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

The thing is, a "troll" reaction affects a poster's reputation negatively, even if it's supposed to be ironic.  It's like slapping someone in the face and saying it was done with affection.  But it still hurts!

I think out of all of the MBMs on the board Pistol can probably most afford a few ironic troll reactions.

11 hours ago, willie said:

Wille

11 hours ago, willie said:

Willie - that "older" SLU alumni buying drinks at the Baltimore Sports Bar (between the Minnesota and Wake Forest game) was me. I'm retired and so is the expense account! But several Bill fans who were part of that evening (recognized me) and came up to me in Columbus and reminisced about what a great time we all had in Baltimore.

1 hour ago, Billbacker said:

Willie - that "older" SLU alumni buying drinks at the Baltimore Sports Bar (between the Minnesota and Wake Forest game) was me. I'm retired and so is the expense account! But several Bill fans who were part of that evening (recognized me) and came up to me in Columbus and reminisced about what a great time we all had in Baltimore.

Bill I remember you well. It was a great night and a lot of fun at Balls sports bar. 

1 hour ago, Billbacker said:

PS. If you make it to the Chafetz my credit card is open. 

On 1/13/2020 at 10:54 AM, Cowboy said:

-if you want to watch a third time you could count the times the analyst said "Bob" when he finished his point - but I appreciate them and Richmond as it seems like our games there are always on tv because it is already being locally broadcast and the feed gets picked up in StL (I'm not saying just FSMW as I believe ch11 did a couple but not lately)

Got your count, 26 in the first half, 27 in the second half, and 2 in the post-game, for a total of 55. It was annoying enough during basketball but imagine how bad it would be if he was calling a bobsled event.

57 minutes ago, willie said:

PS. If you make it to the Chafetz my credit card is open. 

a beer from Willie would really be good.  

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

Got your count, 26 in the first half, 27 in the second half, and 2 in the post-game, for a total of 55. It was annoying enough during basketball but imagine how bad it would be if he was calling a bobsled event.

-the 'ol double nickle, I was joking so I apologize that you will not get that time back

50 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-the 'ol double nickle, I was joking so I apologize that you will not get that time back

I didn’t get to watch it live so when watching the replay, I was finding it annoying with all the “Bobs”. Was wondering how many times he said it anyway so kind of enjoyed counting ‘em up. Plus, a road win over a good A-10 team is worth a third look.