GDT Beat the Spahhders

Littlebill

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

Just for a minute, because it can't happen, how good would this team be with Jimerson and Fred. Come back Fred, and we know Jimerson will be back. 

I don't want to get too high now, with Dayton coming up, but yeah, next season should be special.  If Jimmy Bell improves even a little bit, the Bills could and should contend for the 2021 A-10 title.  But before that, this year's team still has a chance for a double-bye.  A contributing Thatch would help with that.

Just now, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I don't want to get too high now, with Dayton coming up, but yeah, next season should be special.  If Jimmy Bell improves even a little bit, the Bills could and should contend for the 2021 A-10 title.  But before that, this year's team still has a chance for a double-bye.  A contributing Thatch would help with that.

Fred would help so much on D. I don't even expect much on O, although Ford said he was killing it over the summer. But he could be a stopper. We need that. 

8 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Fred would help so much on D. I don't even expect much on O, although Ford said he was killing it over the summer. But he could be a stopper. We need that. 

We held Richmond to 58 points at their house without Fred. Imagine with him.

Better start getting Hargrove and Weaver some minutes. Can’t go far with a 6 man rotation. Not feasible. Foul trouble will kill us. 

need to get them in some games especially if not a close score. 

Weaver is good enough to play against tough competition.  He should be playing more. No idea why he doesn’t.

Hargrove scares the hell out of me. He needs some experience because we are going to need another body. His free throw shooting is enough reason to get him comfortable so he can be in at the end.

Again, he scares  the hell out of me. 

Just now, FanMan said:

Better start getting Hargrove and Weaver some minutes. Can’t go far with a 6 man rotation. Not feasible. Foul trouble will kill us. 

need to get them in some games especially if not a close score. 

Weaver is good enough to play against tough competition.  He should be playing more. No idea why he doesn’t.

Hargrove scares the hell out of me. He needs some experience because we are going to need another body. His free throw shooting is enough reason to get him comfortable so he can be in at the end.

Again, he scares  the hell out of me. 

Weaver and Hargrove did play ("get some minutes").  Weaver played 7 minutes, and Hargrove played 3.  Sometimes a little blow is all experienced warriors like Goodwin and French need.  (Goodwin was credited with 40 minutes, though I know he did get a blow in the first half.)  Keeping Collins from wearing down is key, though.

But, then again, when pinning a 21-2 run — or whatever it was — on the road at one of the conference's top-tier teams, it provides a burst of adrenaline and energy that might not last if the coaches start subbing out key guys for a rest.  I suspect the Bills weren't tired during that spurt.

I know they played a few minutes but 3 minutes is almost not playing. 

Weaver needs to get at least 10 minutes a game and Hargrove at least 5-10. 

That is going to make us so much better. 
playing 35-40 minutes every night will cause you to lose your legs by March. I guarantee you. 

Yuri needs more rest. Bringing the ball up is very taxing. Takes more energy than you think. 

10 minutes ago, FanMan said:

playing 35-40 minutes every night will cause you to lose your legs by March. I guarantee you. 

Yuri needs more rest. Bringing the ball up is very taxing. Takes more energy than you think. 

Glorydays Trav Clocktower- is this you?

6 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

I want to let everyone know that for the second year the billiken staff were very gracious host to my son. He is a First Class petty officer stationed in Norfolk, Va and a lifelong billiken fan. He rarely gets to a game, but he got to attend practice last night and was given premium seating for the game. I cant say enough good things about the billiken staff. Then a win on the road cant be better than that

Good post Dennis please keep sharing about your son.

I thank him for his service and being a Billiken fan.

57 minutes ago, FanMan said:

Weaver is averaging 13.8 mpg in 17 games.  Hargrove in his 12 games is averaging 10.7 mpg.  Don't get on the Flavor of the Day wagon.  Look at what Ford is doing with Team Blue.