Compton and parking

Does anyone know what is going on with parking at the games? The last 2 games we were forced to walk way out of our way to cross Compton. This can't be to increase our safety as there have always been security blocking traffic to allow us to cross.  This just detours us always from or seats

Who do we have to contact about this uncommunicated change?

Next game I am going to cross Compton at Market, Then cross Market with the light. 

Puts me on the arena side of the street. Shortest walk distance to gate D.

50 minutes ago, Bill2winitall said:

Does anyone know what is going on with parking at the games? The last 2 games we were forced to walk way out of our way to cross Compton. This can't be to increase our safety as there have always been security blocking traffic to allow us to cross.  This just detours us always from or seats

Who do we have to contact about this uncommunicated change?

Was told by DPS Sunday that they were instructed by Chaifetz staff to not block Compton before the game as previously and to cross at the intersection.at Laclede. If we crossed outside Gate D we would be crossing at our own risk.

The DPS really doesn't seem to take their protection of the fans - both drivers and walkers seriously.  After a game when you are leaving the parking garage on Olive (where you also enter) is an accident waiting to happen if it hasn't already occurred.  The light for crossing Olive is the same for cars making a left on Olive/Lindell.  If the pedestrians cross you can not make a left so cars and pedestrians play a kind of chicken game.  I spoke to May about this last year.  He had the DPS show up but all they did was stand around watching - no help at all.  After a couple of games they even stopped showing up.  

27 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

The cops wave you through that stop sign

Yes they do, I think they do a decent job of moving traffic the problem is drivers not paying attention to the police when they try to stop traffic for pedestrians.

The best way of getting out of the garage if you go early, is the ground floor and making a right at the light to get on Olive to Jefferson to get on 64 or 44.

The only danger leaving at the Olive light is that pedestrians walk along the entrance/exit road because there are no sidewalks on the right side when exiting which was an issue the GW game.

Happy Friday 

28 minutes ago, TheBand said:

Not as early as I was there... not a cop on hand.

In Saint Louis that just means floor it......

This town pays less attention to traffic signs than anywhere else in the civilized world.  True story, A CWE businessman and client of mine got pissed when a cop didn't react when a driver ran through a stop sign right in front of the cop.  He jumped out in front of the cop, flagged him down and said "What the hell?"  The cop told him his higher-ups didn't want them writing tickets.  

Broken-windows policing is apparently as dead as dead......

• 2 weeks later...