2020 A10 Games and Comments

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

I think most of knew that VCU would not beat Duquesne based on the beat down SLU gave VCU and the slump they are in with injuries and defections on the team.  VCU gave us hope but Duquesne was too close for comfort and I never felt good about the VCU lead as I was monitoring the game.

I really think Richmond will beat Duquesne they are fighting for something.

Also RI could lose their last 2 and we get what we need for 4th place, what a ride in March, great job coaches and players.

We just have to win our games. Everything else is beyond our control. Friggin' Duquense has really jammed us this year. 

Old guy likes this

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While last night was our best chance to move ahead of Duq and secure 4th place ...VCU just didn't have it.   But all is not lost ....the numbers still favor The Bills.  

Here is what needs to happen in order...

1.  We  beat GM....Bills over GM by 3

2   Rich beats  Duq....Rich over Duq by 1

3 We beat the Bonnies...The Bills over St. B by 6.....subject to change after I add the GM game in tomorrow

So there is still a path to reach 4th...The Rich /Duq game will be a battle...stay tuned

24 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

While last night was our best chance to move ahead of Duq and secure 4th place ...VCU just didn't have it.   But all is not lost ....the numbers still favor The Bills.  

Here is what needs to happen in order...

1.  We  beat GM....Bills over GM by 3

2   Rich beats  Duq....Rich over Duq by 1

3 We beat the Bonnies...The Bills over St. B by 6.....subject to change after I add the GM game in tomorrow

So there is still a path to reach 4th...The Rich /Duq game will be a battle...stay tuned

Technically if Rhode Island loses out we can be 3rd if Duquesne loses or 4th if Duquesne wins 

2 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Technically if Rhode Island loses out we can be 3rd if Duquesne loses or 4th if Duquesne wins 

That is true....just trying to show the easiest path to a double bye.

The bad part about having the 5-seed be our most likely outcome is that getting a 5-seed with Duquesne as the 4 is probably the worst case scenario for us. We'd have to beat St. Joe's or George Mason first, then play a rested Duquesne, then Dayton, and then someone from the other side in the final.

A 4-seed with Duquesne as the 5 is a little better for the rest and forcing them to win another game.

A 3-seed is obviously the best case scenario but the least likely.

In short: If we're going to miss a double-bye seed, we might as well be a 6 or 7 and take the easier path.

17 minutes ago, Pistol said:

In short: If we're going to miss a double-bye seed, we might as well be a 6 or 7 and take the easier path.

Tank, Tank, Tank.  Unfortunately I agree with you, I would like to avoid Duquesne as long as possible.

I am in the camp of the double bye...I would rather play Duq,  Day and somebody than playing a 4th game where you get tired out plus have a 40% chance to lose to a lower seed....Here is a chart of the the trend line...This has nothing to do with being selected for the Big Dance but everything to do with the A-10 tourney...this is about who's hot and who's not...not just wins and losses but how are these teams playing right now...You can look at this chart and decide who you want to play...

A+...Day

A-...Rich

B+...SLU...RI...Dav

B...Duq

C...St. B...VCU...UMass...LaS

D+...GW...

D...St. J

F+...Ford

There are some that say we don't match up well with Duq...I would rather play Duq than Dav...On neutral ground ...a rested SLU beats a tired 5th seed Duq....

Looks like we'll get our 10+ road victory margin. Happy with the win, but if I'm the committee watching this, I say we didn't pass the eye test.

So looks like we’re locked in to seeds 3-6. Win on Saturday and the worst we can do is 5. Lose and we’re guaranteed for 6. Does anyone know what happens if us, Duquesne and Rhody all end up at 12-6?

22 minutes ago, NH said:

So looks like we’re locked in to seeds 3-6. Win on Saturday and the worst we can do is 5. Lose and we’re guaranteed for 6. Does anyone know what happens if us, Duquesne and Rhody all end up at 12-6?

Rhode Island beat Duquesne in their sole matchup.  Rhody has the tiebreaker.

35 minutes ago, NH said:

If they all end up tied, Duquesne gets the 3, we get the 4, and Rhody gets the 5 I believe