2020 A10 Games and Comments

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The VCU fans that used to visit the board whenever it was around the time for their team to play the Bills have been absent this season.  Perhaps they're too busy wearing bags over their heads?

VCU was a sure-bet for an at-large bid a month ago (or less), and now they need a win just to go .500 in conference.  (Still, if healthy they could be the kind of team that could win four in four in Brooklyn.)

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Half the mid-majors who got at-large bids 10 years ago switched conferences and are now high majors.

Yea, that's a good point. But then  doesn't someone else just take their place in the mid major conference and if they do well in the high major conference they just slide another team back. 

3 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Yea, that's a good point. But then  doesn't someone else just take their place in the mid major conference and if they do well in the high major conference they just slide another team back. 

There aren't any infinite number of good mid-major programs.  When strong mid-major programs leave a conference, that conference gets weaker.  For evidence, look no further than your nearest A-10 conference.

I think most of knew that VCU would not beat Duquesne based on the beat down SLU gave VCU and the slump they are in with injuries and defections on the team.  VCU gave us hope but Duquesne was too close for comfort and I never felt good about the VCU lead as I was monitoring the game.

I really think Richmond will beat Duquesne they are fighting for something.

Also RI could lose their last 2 and we get what we need for 4th place, what a ride in March, great job coaches and players.