2020 A10 Games and Comments

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Pistol said:

We're now in a 3-way tie with Duquesne and Davidson at 8-6 and they own the tiebreakers over us. Dayton is a solid 1-seed, URI remains in 2nd at 11-3, and Richmond and Bonaventure have the other byes at 10-4 with a 2-game lead over our tier.

We still have a legit shot at Top 4 finish, but we have to shake Duquesne and Davidson.

Davidson has LaSalle, @ Dayton, @ Richmond and VCU, so you have to pencil in a couple of L's.

Duquesne has @ St. Bonnie, George Mason, @ VCU and Richmond.  Again, I'm penciling in a couple of L's.

Everyone knows our schedule, but winning out with two on the road will be a huge challenge.

If we climb into a tie Richmond or St. Bonnie, today we have the tie breaker with Richmond, and likely would with St. Bonnie as to catch them, they are two games up meaning our game would be a must W. 

Spiders have @ GW, UMass, Davidson, and @ Duquesne. 

St. Bonnie has @Duquesne, LaSalle, St Joe and @SLU.  

Wed's game with StB @ Duquesne has huge implications for the Bills finishing Top 4.  Neither outcome is disastrous for the Bills, but I'd like St. B to come a little closer to us with an L and hope VCU and/or Richmond takes down Duquesne.

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

We still have a legit shot at Top 4 finish, but we have to shake Duquesne and Davidson.

Davidson has LaSalle, @ Dayton, @ Richmond and VCU, so you have to pencil in a couple of L's.

Duquesne has @ St. Bonnie, George Mason, @ VCU and Richmond.  Again, I'm penciling in a couple of L's.

Everyone knows our schedule, but winning out with two on the road will be a huge challenge.

If we climb into a tie Richmond or St. Bonnie, today we have the tie breaker with Richmond, and likely would with St. Bonnie as to catch them, they are two games up meaning our game would be a must W. 

Wed's game with StB @ Duquesne has huge implications for the Bills finishing Top 4.  Neither outcome is disastrous for the Bills, but I'd like St. B to come a little closer to us with an L and hope VCU and/or Richmond takes down Duquesne.

Care to clarify?

On 2/23/2020 at 10:33 AM, HoosierPal said:

I don't see it happening for us. I think we could possibly go 3-1 and Davidson and Duquesne each go 2-2, but I'm not sure either Richmond or Bonaventure go 1-3 or worse. Plus, VCU could very well go 4-0 in the last 4 games (@UMass, vs. GW, vs. Duquesne, @Davidson).

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

I don't see it happening for us. I think we could possibly go 3-1 and Davidson and Duquesne each go 2-2, but I'm not sure either Richmond or Bonaventure go 1-3 or worse. Plus, VCU could very well go 4-0 in the last 4 games (@UMass, vs. GW, vs. Duquesne, @Davidson).

I agree it doesn't look good.  Richmond should be able to hold one of the Top 4 with their schedule.  I can't see them losing 2 of their remaining 4. 

The Duquesne at St. Bonnie game is the one I am looking at.  If the Dukes win, then IF we win out, that would give us the tie breaker on StB for #4, (and we shed Duquesne and Davidson).  Game is at Olean, so the hill is steep.  St. B shouldn't lose against LaSalle or St. Joe.

VCU is still mathematically alive for a Top 4, but I don't want to go through the permutations to figure out who has to lose for them to get there.  I assume Davidson and Duquesne fans are going through this same exercise to figure out how they can still get a Top 4 finish.

Mason’s Super Bowl.  I expect problems with Mason at Mason.  Greene and Miller always hurt us and now AJ Wilson is a budding all A10 per Giannini.  All A10 or not, he is a power forward who likes to shoot and is athletic ala Marcus Weathers.  Not good.

Dayton tried to give that game away last night —- shot poorly and missed many free throws by Landers and Crutcher.  Mason’s lack of a true PG was obvious.

28 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Richmond flirting with bursting their bubble only up 3 to GW with 4 min left

They hung on and won by 3.

UMass beat VCU by 2.

Duquesne and Bonaventure are going to OT.

Crazy night in the A10.