2020 A10 Games and Comments

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Not yet. Mathematically we could finish 7-11. Today LaSalle and Mason are 3-10. I don’t want to get who plays who to do a deep dive but we need a win or two. 

We would have the tiebreaker on LaSalle. 

Im hoping that statement is totally irrelevant.

My preferences: 

Dayton needs to take down Duquesne so we can get past them in the standings.  They have our tiebreaker, so we would still need to climb over them in the last 4 games.

Rhody can help us by beating Davidson, again the Wildcats have the tiebreaker over the Bills.  Give them 7 losses and put them behind us.

I will assume we can't catch the Spiders.  So an L by St. B would be helpful for us as we look to our match-up with them next month.

kmbilliken likes this

15 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

My preferences: 

Dayton needs to take down Duquesne so we can get past them in the standings.  They have our tiebreaker, so we would still need to climb over them in the last 4 games.

Rhody can help us by beating Davidson, again the Wildcats have the tiebreaker over the Bills.  Give them 7 losses and put them behind us.

I will assume we can't catch the Spiders.  So an L by St. B would be helpful for us as we look to our match-up with them next month.

Could have SLU v. SBU with the double bye again on the line in the last game of the regular season. 

25 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Despite the calling of the historic moving screen foul on Obi Toppin, Dayton wins over visiting Duquesne 80-70.

Our games were too close to call the foul. I'm sure they try to keep it looking honest by calling it once in a while when the lead for Dayton is large enough. 

Lets shoot for second. Here me out... 

- We win out

- Rhody also loses to Dayton and at UMass

- Richmond drops 2.

- Bona loses one game other than ours. 

- Duquesne loses at least one

- Davidson loses at least one

We win a 4 way tie breaker at 12-6 for the 2 seed and finish 23-8 (12-6) with a mid 50s NET ranking and place ourselves firmly on the bubble heading into the A10 tourney

RUBillsFan likes this

29 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

- We win out

- Richmond drops 2.

We win a 4 way tie breaker at 12-6 for the 2 seed and finish 23-8 (12-6) with a mid 50s NET ranking and place ourselves firmly on the bubble heading into the A10 tourney

This would all be great but in reality the results hurt us today.  Rhody and Richmond winning would've been the easier path. 

34 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

- We win out

- Richmond drops 2.

Unfortunately losing to UMASS means we need to win the tournament no matter where we finish in reg season.

10 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

My preferences: 

The results:

Dayton 80, Duquesne 70
Davidson 77, Rhode Island 75
St. Bonaventure 75, Richmond 71
Mason 62, St. Joe's 55
La Salle 72, GW 62

Dayton helped us, Rhody did not.

We're now in a 3-way tie with Duquesne and Davidson at 8-6 and they own the tiebreakers over us. Dayton is a solid 1-seed, URI remains in 2nd at 11-3, and Richmond and Bonaventure have the other byes at 10-4 with a 2-game lead over our tier.