2020 A10 Games and Comments

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, St Joseph lost again yesterday, dropping the game at Kingston RI.  The Hawks were without Ryan Daly, who sat out with a lower body injury, according to the school. He was seen on the bench wearing a walking boot on his right foot. Daly was injured in the first half against St. Bonaventure on Thursday, but still managed to finish the game. He is questionable for Tuesday’s game at Hagan Arena against Davidson.

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I’m really worried about the umass game, for a few reasons. 

I worry about all of them, but understand your point about UMass. They’re going to have a solid team soon. Hoping it will be after they play us. If they can keep their roster intact, they’ll be a threat next year.

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

I worry about all of them, but understand your point about UMass. They’re going to have a solid team soon. Hoping it will be after they play us. If they can keep their roster intact, they’ll be a threat next year.

As with most teams, UMass is much better at home than on the road. They are 9-4 in Amherst and have won only once on the road.

14 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

As with most teams, UMass is much better at home than on the road. They are 9-4 in Amherst and have won only once on the road.

I think they're younger than us. Both Mitchell's are strong players and their best FR, Weeks is out. I may be wrong, but I think they also have a pretty good transfer sitting out this season. They're headed in the right direction after floundering for a few years. 

59 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I think they're younger than us. Both Mitchell's are strong players and their best FR, Weeks is out. I may be wrong, but I think they also have a pretty good transfer sitting out this season. They're headed in the right direction after floundering for a few years. 

Agree 100%.  I hope McCall can keep all of these frosh.  They also lost a Fr Buggs early in the season to an ACL.  He only played in 4 games before he went down, so no telling what he might bring.

Say what u want about the A10 it's a tough as nails conference. I don't feel over confident going into any game from here on out. And I don't think SVU is a lock going into the A10 tourney. I can see 4-5 teams coming out the winner. That would at least 2 bids and as many as 4. 

we've entered the most entertaining time of conference play. 

Tomorrow we have SLU V Umass, Dayton @ VCU, and Davidson @ St joes. 

Wednesday, Mason @ Richmond and GW @ the dukes 

Gonna be a dog fight for about 5 teams from here out. 

Bonnies still have H against richmond, and the dukes, and @ SLU

Duquesne has @dayton, @bonnies @VCU, and richmond - tough

VCU: Dayton, @SLU Duquesne and @ Davidson - also tough

Davison: URI, @Dayton, @ Richmond, VCU - probably the toughest 

IF we get by Umass, I think we have the most favorable remaining schedule of all teams fighting for the 4th spot.  Having vcu and and the bonnies at home is big. Our biggest problem is that it may just be too late. 

AGB91 and HoosierPal like this

Richmond rolled over Mason on a big night from Golden. They move to 10-3 in conference, Mason to 3-10.

GW (5-7) is up 3 at Duquesne (8-4) at halftime.

La Salle is up 22-19 at halftime over Fordham. 🤢

48 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Richmond rolled over Mason on a big night from Golden. They move to 10-3 in conference, Mason to 3-10.

GW (5-7) is up 3 at Duquesne (8-4) at halftime.

La Salle is up 22-19 at halftime over Fordham. 🤢

At least neither team's arena in the bottom game holds a whole lot of people or that would be a crime against humanity.