2020 A10 Games and Comments

3 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

The team that showed up to Dayton last Saturday is plenty good enough to go 6-1

As 3star always said, Dayton is really good match up for us. I also think it being a rivalry adds to the unknown.  But most games recently outside of that haven't shown me that this team is capable of that right now.  Umass alone with be very tough. My prediction for the remainder: 4-3. Excluding dayton, we haven't put together a complete game since Richmond on 01/11

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, wgstl said:

who we pulling for tonight?

Davidson @ the bonnies - ESPN2

At this point I dont really care about NET, its sorta all about tournament seeding's. Bonnies are #3 at 9-3, Davidson is #8 at 6-5.  

A Davidson loss makes it that much "easier" to get at the least a #7 seed(avoid's #1 in A10 tourney)

A Bonnies loss gets us 2 games back from 3rd

The game is tomorrow.

6 hours ago, glazedandconfused said:

I'm gonna pull for Davidson - Puts them only one game ahead of us in loss column and we still have a game in hand vs them.. Don't want Davidson to pass us but they have a brutal end of season schedule so I'm thinking they still lose 3-4 more. (URI, at Dayton, at Richmind, VCU)

Good point which would have been all the more palatable with your old avatar :)

1 hour ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Davidson either plays amazing or horrible. Unfortunent that we played them when JAG and Grady were both on a hot streak

Davidson has beaten the Bonnies easily in their last three contests.  Basketball is all about matchups. The Bonnies force you into jump shots which is it exactly what Davidson wants to do.

8 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Davidson has beaten the Bonnies easily in their last three contests.  Basketball is all about matchups. The Bonnies force you into jump shots which is it exactly what Davidson wants to do.

I really think you might be one of the few to beat Vegas when it comes to a10 match ups.  

I hit that over 130.5 last night with no issues.  Easy money.

Davidson had seven different guys make a three last night in going 13-of-26 from three.  The game was over at half time with Davidson up 47 to 28.  The Bonnies are simply not that good.  Osunniyi is a defensive presence but the rest are sophomores and freshmen still learning the game.  As three-star noted, they force you into jump shots which Davidson is good at.  Davidson's slash was 56/50/64 and that foul shooting was sub-Davidson.  The Bonnies don't have the firepower to counter such a barrage.

Today's lines:

Rhodey (-16.5) hosting the Joeys.

Dayton (-13.5) at Umass.

SLU (-8.5) hosting La Salle.

VCU (+2) at Richmond in a big one for seeding purposes.

Mason (-7) hosting Geedubya.

10 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Davidson had seven different guys make a three last night in going 13-of-26 from three.  The game was over at half time with Davidson up 47 to 28.  The Bonnies are simply not that good.  Osunniyi is a defensive presence but the rest are sophomores and freshmen still learning the game.  As three-star noted, they force you into jump shots which Davidson is good at.  Davidson's slash was 56/50/64 and that foul shooting was sub-Davidson.  The Bonnies don't have the firepower to counter such a barrage.

It's an effective strategy against us, however.  Which is why we have so much trouble with them.

17 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

These two teams are my most despised teams in the A10. Largely because they've proved to be a pain in SLU's arse. Too bad there wasn't a way they both could have ended with an L. Am surprised, though,  that Davidson body slammed the Welders in their own igloo. 

1 minute ago, glazedandconfused said:

Richmond up over VCU early. Marcus Evans not playing for VCU.

VCU could go to 7-5 after this one - tied with SLU and Davidson. Duquesne is 7-4 but plays Fordham tomorrow.