2020 A10 Games and Comments

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhody rallies a bit although down 49-35 at the half. Outscored them 35-32 after the 17-0 Dayton blitz to start the game. Dayton got a little careless late in the half, but I’m envious of the 49 points.

15 hours ago, MichaelC said:

Wow, Mason absolutely taking it to VCU at VCU, now up 56-41 with 7:28 left after going on a 14-0 run.

This was bad overall for the A10 because VCU is probably now on the outside of the bubble looking in.

I also don't like it because it may have been a wake up call type game for VCU and they may be sharper against SLU than they otherwise would have been.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

This was bad overall for the A10 because VCU is probably now on the outside of the bubble looking in.

I also don't like it because it may have been a wake up call type game for VCU and they may be sharper against SLU than they otherwise would have been.

That made things fun, didn't it.  I still believe the A10 gets three bids, Dayton locked in, Rhody has a bid to lose, and then a third up in the air.  It could be the Tourney Winner, if these first two don't win.  Today VCU and Richmond have the upper hand for the third bid.  They play a second game, at Robins, this weekend.  If VCU wins, Richmond has a very difficult hill to climb with no possible signature wins left on their schedule.  Richmond still has to go to Oleans and Pittsburgh which could still be a Q2 win for them.

VCU then has Dayton at home and comes to SLU.  If they go 3-0 in these next three, they are locked in.  2-1 puts them firmly on the bubble.   If they go 1-2, they are in trouble. 

And I totally agree with some other poster who said look out for St. Bonnie.  They have the easiest schedule of any top tier team left and are looking at a top 4 league finish. 

who we pulling for tonight?

Davidson @ the bonnies - ESPN2

At this point I dont really care about NET, its sorta all about tournament seeding's. Bonnies are #3 at 9-3, Davidson is #8 at 6-5.  

A Davidson loss makes it that much "easier" to get at the least a #7 seed(avoid's #1 in A10 tourney)

A Bonnies loss gets us 2 games back from 3rd

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

At this point I dont really care about NET, its sorta all about tournament seeding's. Bonnies are #3 at 9-3, Davidson is #8 at 6-5.

I'm gonna pull for Davidson - Puts them only one game ahead of us in loss column and we still have a game in hand vs them.. Don't want Davidson to pass us but they have a brutal end of season schedule so I'm thinking they still lose 3-4 more. (URI, at Dayton, at Richmind, VCU)

SLU_Nick likes this

Just now, glazedandconfused said:

I'm gonna pull for Davidson - Puts tem only one game ahead of us in loss column and we still have a game in hand vs them.. Don't want Davidson to pass us but they have brutal end of season schedule so I'm thinking they still lose 3-4 more. (URI, at Dayton, at Richmind, VCU)

Good point.

17 minutes ago, wgstl said:

A Davidson loss makes it that much "easier" to get at the least a #7 seed(avoid's #1 in A10 tourney)

A Bonnies loss gets us 2 games back from 3rd

Let's pull ourselves together. We can go 6-1 down the stretch and finish 12-6. We're still playing for a double-bye. We don't worry about teams losing to give us a pass to finishing 7th. #BillikenPride 

1 minute ago, Crewsorlose said:

Let's pull ourselves together. We can go 6-1 down the stretch and finish 12-6. We're still playing for a double-bye. We don't worry about teams losing to give us a pass to finishing 7th. #BillikenPride 

Im being optimistic here.  Sure we're a good team, but we're not playing the way we need to in order to go 6-1.