2020 A10 Games and Comments

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I guess VCU, since they could potentially be a Q1 win for us at home?

As Hoosier said going for Richmond , hoping vcu continues to win outside of Richmond 

^So many Rams kicking around the A10. 

34 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Richmond is counterfeit just like Duquesne is.  VCU and Dayton are legit and URI and The Bills might be decent.  

Thats the A-10 in a nutshell 

Dayton, VCU, Rhode Island - an all too familiar A10 story. 

It was a good game until VCU opened the second half on a 24 to 8 run or something.  Then it was all over but the final score.  Golden was decent, Cayo tried but Gilyard was neutralized and Sherrod was terrible.  Plus with no bench,Richmond could not stop the VCU onslaught.  VCU still comes after you in waves.

Over on  MASN, Rhodey had a rather easy time with Mason at Mason, going up 18 in the first half and then winning by 14.  Jeff Dowtin looked first team all-conference.  Cox will be hard pressed to replace him next year.  Antwan Walker continues to string decent games together.  And Fatts Russell and Tyrese Martin more than offset a below average game from Langevine.  Jermaine harris continues to be the biggest four-star enigma I have ever seen.

I don't know where this bespeckled AJ Wilson suddenly got game but he did his best Obi Toppin impression to date.  Guy was a geeky stringbean last year and now is having games like last night 23.  Plus 9 rebounds and two blocks.  I can see this guy ignoring Jimmy Bell and leaving Jimmy to concentrate on his block totals, doubling down on Hasahn.  Mason is the one team getting nothing from what I think is a pretty decent lineup, even without Kier.

Today, we open -5.5.  Dayton is at Duquesne +7.5; the Bonnies -4.5 are at Fordham, Umass -7.5 is at the Joeys and Davidson -4 is in Foggy Bottom.

On 1/27/2020 at 2:44 PM, NextYearBill said:

i think French is nursing some kind of injury... he just hasn't been the same for awhile now

Agreed. I watched the replay of the Tulane game last night (not sure why, but I did) and he was noticeably quicker and bouncier at that point in the season.

14 hours ago, Compton said:

Dayton, VCU, Rhode Island - an all too familiar A10 story. 

Yeah, it looks pretty clear now that VCU and Rhody have rounded out the top 3 in the conference and the rest of us are fighting for that 4-seed. Dayton has won 9 straight, Rhody 7 straight, and VCU 4 straight.

I think Dayton will be at 11 straight when we visit, because I think they take care of business tonight at Duquesne and they'll bury Fordham at home this weekend.

Rhode Island hosts VCU Friday night at 6:00 Central on ESPN2. That's the A10 game of the week. Rhody has a chance to really solidify that 2-seed and VCU has a chance to put the rest of the conference clearly in a lower tier. Should be a good one.

15 hours ago, wgstl said:

Richmond called for 10 second violation, whistle blew right at 9 as ball was passing the line 

There are three components that must be met for the ball to be in the front court: the ball and two feet on the floor in the front court.  If a player was in the back court when the ball was last touched, it's not considered in the front court when crossing the line until it either touches the floor in the front court or a player with both feet in the front court touches it.

Art. 3.  A live ball is in the front court or back court of the team in control as follows:

a. A ball that is in contact with a player or with the playing court shall be in the back court when either the ball or the player (either player when the ball is touching more than one) is touching the back court. It shall be in the front court when neither the ball nor the player is touching the back court.

b. A ball that is not in contact with a player or the playing court retains the same status as when it was last in contact with a player or the playing court.

c. During a dribble from back court to front court, the ball shall be in the front court when both feet of the dribbler and the ball touch the playing court entirely in the front court.

(https://ncaambb.arbitersports.com/Groups/104883/Library/files/BR15.pdf)

wgstl likes this

26 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

There are three components that must be met for the ball to be in the front court: the ball and two feet on the floor in the front court.  If a player was in the back court when the ball was last touched, it's not considered in the front court when crossing the line until it either touches the floor in the front court or a player with both feet in the front court touches it.

(https://ncaambb.arbitersports.com/Groups/104883/Library/files/BR15.pdf)

"b. A ball that is not in contact with a player or the playing court retains the same status as when it was last in contact with a player or the playing court."

rule makes sense, but the whistle was blown before 10 second. The receiving player who caught the ball had it before 10 seconds.