2020 A10 Games and Comments

New thread for new year.

I'm throwing this graphic out simply because it is pretty neat.  This SBUnfurled guy is the same who put the logos together.  Click on it to make it larger and read what he is doing.  And BTW, the game should be a close one.  Osunnyi is back playing well after his injury, giving StB both an offensive and defensive presence.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Road wins tonight for the Bonnies at Mason and the Dukes at St. Joe.  Rhody takes down Davidson (are they done?) and UMass recovers from their SLU loss with a home win over LaSalle. 

That was the most intriguing A10 matchup heading into tonight. Both teams needed it badly and a loss would've felt like the end for either. So yeah, I'd say this is a big split game saying that URI is in the mix for the 3-4 spot in the league and Davidson is the disappointment of the year.

Bonaventure over Mason also feels like a big one, as the Bonnies go 2-0 and Mason goes 0-2 after a nice non-conference performance. Bonaventure is having basically the same arc as last season, but maybe starting to break the right way sooner. I know they had injuries early, though.

HoosierPal likes this

Osunniyi was hurt earlier this season, same as last season.  Bonnies are pretty much run by sophomores. The Bonnies may have the easiest A10 schedule.  They play VCU and Dayton each once (both on the road) and Rhode Island and Richmond once, both at home.  Is this a formula for a Top 4 finish?

FYI, SLU target Robert Carpenter has pretty much been absent this season for St. B. He has played in 7 of their 15 games and averages 0.6 ppg.

Batten down the hatches. The Bonnies (10-5 after starting 0-3) are back, 2-0 in the A10 after last night’s big road win at George Mason. Bona was injury ridden early, lost 3 of 4 to the Western NY Big 4, but that Bona Coach can flat out coach. Why he hasn’t been snatched by some shark and hasn’t moved on up is a mystery.  He’s no GQ candidate, but he paces that sideline like a caged lion, should wear a brown uniform instead of his trademark camel (couch) blazer, which doesn’t stay on long anyway.

The Bonnies are a proud lot, salt of the earth, good people. I enjoyed my interaction with them last March at McMahon’s Public House.  I went downstairs from the SLU gathering upstairs, and a whole host of Bonnies came over for a summit.  One asked, "Why don't you want to be in the conference (A10)?"  We reached a level of detente that night.  Several days later, of course, the Billikens took down the Bonnies in the A10 Tournament Championship Game.  SLU fans were outnumbered by the Bonnies about 10 to 1 at that game.  But Team Blue prevailed when it counted the most.

Their defeat of Rutgers to snap that three game season opening skid is increasingly impressive. 

But this Bonnie’s team - with Osunniyi fully back - lost to Buffalo 10 days ago (although he got into foul trouble) and beat Middle Tennessee by 1 before that. So, they have potential, but seems they also still have a lot to prove and improve. 

1 hour ago, Compton said:

Their defeat of Rutgers to snap that three game season opening skid is increasingly impressive. 

But this Bonnie’s team - with Osunniyi fully back - lost to Buffalo 10 days ago (although he got into foul trouble) and beat Middle Tennessee by 1 before that. So, they have potential, but seems they also still have a lot to prove and improve. 

Winning on the road is tough. There are plenty of examples of good teams squeaking out victories against bad teams on the road or losing to average teams.

42 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Winning on the road is tough. There are plenty of examples of good teams squeaking out victories against bad teams on the road or losing to average teams.

Agreed.  I would rate St. Bona and Mason as evenly matched, with the Bonnies having the better coach.  Any conference road win is big.