Coach Ford on the Radio, 2020

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Coach was on KMOX this morning.  A lot of repeat, with the exception of these comments.

The Athletic Department put together the Billiken Classic after Northen Iowa pulled out of Lincoln on Wednesday morning.  (So the Classic had a 48 hour timeline.)

Jimmy Bell is back practicing

Markhi Strickland is the most improved player, from start of practice until now.

TJ Hargrove has a minor foot issue, but Coach thinks he will be able to go this week.

One thing to add is that Tom Ackerman mentioned that coverage Wednesday starts at 6pm.  First I have heard of a potential gametime.  

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, thetorch said:

Not sure if SIUE even scores 20. They are bad.

Lol @thetorchwhen I saw that, I was thinking to myself, “we might be up by 20 by halftime.” But didn’t (and still don’t) want to jinx it. A 20-point win is a 20-point win. But I’m hoping this is a game where we might be able to see a lot of Strickland and Lorentsson.

18 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Lol @thetorchwhen I saw that, I was thinking to myself, “we might be up by 20 by halftime.” But didn’t (and still don’t) want to jinx it. A 20-point win is a 20-point win. But I’m hoping this is a game where we might be able to see a lot of Strickland and Lorentsson.

From the sounds of it we may be seeing a fair amount of Strickland in most games 

11 minutes ago, NH said:

From the sounds of it we may be seeing a fair amount of Strickland in most games 

I’ve heard the same. Apparently, Ford said he’s been the most improved player since the start of workouts. If that’s the case, we are gonna be insanely deep, which is a good thing. If I’m not mistaken, 1 of the biggest knocks against him as a prospect was his motor, taking plays off, but this coaching staff and roster probably took care of that issue on day 1. I CAN’T WAIT FOR WEDNESDAY!

Coach was on with Frank this morning.   He said they have tried to 'close the circle' the past two weeks.  He mentioned that he canceled his haircut appt on Saturday, as he was nervous going out of his now normal routine.  He mentioned that they have a talk after every practice to do the right thing until they meet again.  He said some players have girl friends that work, and he tells those players to be careful, but hasn't said No you can't see your girlfriend.

He said he doesn't have a starting 5 yet for Wednesday, but both Jimerson and Thatch will play a lot.  One may start one game and the other the next.  He doesn't get caught up in who starts and who comes off the bench.  He said Jacobs has really turned it on the past two weeks in practice.

We will press a little more than before.  We are probably one of the smallest teams in America with French, Perkins, Goodwin, Collins and either Jimerson or Thatch.

Frank asked about any of the three seniors sticking around.  Coach said the staff talked about it originally when it was announced, and factored it into early recruiting but it hasn't discussed in a while.

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Coach was on with Frank this morning.   He said they have tried to 'close the circle' the past two weeks.  He mentioned that he canceled his haircut appt on Saturday, as he was nervous going out of his now normal routine.  He mentioned that they have a talk after every practice to do the right thing until they meet again.  He said some players have girl friends that work, and he tells those players to be careful, but hasn't said No you can't see your girlfriend.

He said he doesn't have a starting 5 yet for Wednesday, but both Jimerson and Thatch will play a lot.  One may start one game and the other the next.  He doesn't get caught up in who starts and who comes off the bench.  He said Jacobs has really turned it on the past two weeks in practice.

We will press a little more than before.  We are probably one of the smallest teams in America with French, Perkins, Goodwin, Collins and either Jimerson or Thatch.

Frank asked about any of the three seniors sticking around.  Coach said the staff talked about it originally when it was announced, and factored it into early recruiting but it hasn't discussed in a while.

-when Frank introduced the question I thought he was going to ask about LSU not if any seniors are staying, before the first game of the season is even played, I think there are more relevant questions

SLU_Nick likes this

20 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

We might start small but we have the option to go big with Jimmy and Linssen. Plus Has plays like he’s 6’9”. 

12 minutes ago, slu72 said:

We might start small but we have the option to go big with Jimmy and Linssen. Plus Has plays like he’s 6’9”. 

Exactly. We can go big when we want to. Plus I think us playing small makes us a tougher matchup. Especially since, like you said, Has plays like he’s 6’9 and JGood plays like he’s 6’7 or 6’8. Our height is the least of my concern going into the season.

13 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Exactly. We can go big when we want to. Plus I think us playing small makes us a tougher matchup. Especially since, like you said, Has plays like he’s 6’9 and JGood plays like he’s 6’7 or 6’8. Our height is the least of my concern going into the season.

Fred(6'3) and Goodwin(6'3) can guard practically anyone up to 6'8.

Reinert310 likes this

This board will be in absolute meltdown when we are down 7 at the under 12 time out.  

It wont happen but I mean, we are all way too optimistic right now.  We need to tone it down if only for the reason that we are the Billikens.  Right now this board would have us beating the 2017 Golden St Warriors by 14 going away

cgeldmacher and slufan13 like this

49 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

This board will be in absolute meltdown when we are down 7 at the under 12 time out.  

It wont happen but I mean, we are all way too optimistic right now.  We need to tone it down if only for the reason that we are the Billikens.  Right now this board would have us beating the 2017 Golden St Warriors by 14 going away

28 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Only a troll would pick the 2017 GState Warriors over this Bills team!🙂

Just sayin, Klay tore his Achilles and is out for the season. I like our chances in that matchup. 😜

1 hour ago, SLU_Nick said:

I agree. A 14 point win is ridiculous, however, a solid 6 point win doesn't seem unlikely

2 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

Nonsense.

It's what's needed around here. I hope recruits don't read this site, because I wouldn't blame them if they decide not to play for a self loathing fanbase.

2 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

This team, based on last season and what we have returning, has earned those optimistic expectations.  We've had less talented teams with less gifted leaders than Jordan Goodwin break into the top 25.

34 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Goodwin > Curry

Jimerson > Klay

Perkins = Durant

French > Draymond 

Warriors probably have the better 5th spot and bench depth is about even. 

Andrew Bogut is like 40 and washed up in the Australian league. Jimmy Bell wins this matchup.

slufanskip likes this