GDT: No Mas, Umas .....

Taj79

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6’5” Junior v 5’10” Frosh with injured thumbs and wrists. 6 turnovers vs 7 and 16 points today vs 6 points. Leading scorer all year.  PG as well.   Best rebounder so any missed shot likely to be followed up w another. Yeah, I am good with the ball in his hands.  
And BTW the score was tied so only 1 FT needed - not 2. 

4 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

6’5” Junior v 5’10” Frosh with injured thumbs and wrists. 6 turnovers vs 7 and 16 points today vs 6 points. Leading scorer all year.  PG as well.   Best rebounder so any missed shot likely to be followed up w another. Yeah, I am good with the ball in his hands.  
And BTW the score was tied so only 1 FT needed - not 2. 

I wasn’t anticipating Yuri taking it to the hoop, I wanted him to find someone for the shot.

16 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I wasn’t anticipating Yuri taking it to the hoop, I wanted him to find someone for the shot.

I was hoping they got it to Perkins on the wing.

let him take it to the elbow for his mid range or take it to the hole and possibly draw the foul.

Then you can have Goodwin ready for the offensive board.

8 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Not gonna read this thread but just want to say this:

When Jacobs is focused and aggressive he can be so so good. His athletic ability gives him such an advantage and his outside shot is just dangerous enough.

When he isn't ... he is so so bad. 

Also please stop shooting threes javonte. it doesn't work. 

we lose yesterday if jacobs doesnt shoot threes any longer.   imo jacobs is our second best 3 point shooter behind jimmerson.  yes you can make an argument he is third behind weaver as well, but if i had my choice on an open look i'd rather it be jacobs.   

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

No doubt that Yuri is good at finding his teammates. With that said, they were definitely keying on him and expecting him to have the ball. Further, a player is much less effective if he doesn’t shoot and/or if the other team knows he won’t shoot or doesn't believe he will shoot. So if the options to pass are taken away, then this person would need to take the shot - and I would rather have Goodwin do this: pass or shoot.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

we lose yesterday if jacobs doesnt shoot threes any longer.   imo jacobs is our second best 3 point shooter behind jimmerson.  yes you can make an argument he is third behind weaver as well, but if i had my choice on an open look i'd rather it be jacobs.   

Javonte= Perkins 

1 hour ago, 73Billiken said:

If there was an event for big donors I am not sure which looked worse:  Biondi without socks wearing high water pants or Fred P in his usual snappy attire.

At least SLU won the game.

Freddy P looked so awkward leaving the game through the tunnel yesterday dressed like that and trying to move around people at the entrance.

My temptation is to yell something at him but I did not I celebrate with the players and coaches walking through.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

18 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Javonte= Perkins 

Javonte is not Demarius.

Time for Jacobs to play like this every game. If he'd done his shrinking violet act to night, we're toast. Keep it up, Demarius. 

My concerns about tonight are: too many turnovers and where did our hard nose hard hat D go? I've given up on FT's, since that's a given every night. But still good to see them not lose focus or get down and pull out a tough win. UMass does have some players and will give other teams fits going forward. Congrats to Coach F on win # 400. Stay at SLU for another 20 years and average 25 Ws a year, that's 900 Ws. Rarified air. 

billiken_roy likes this

47 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Yep. I think Roy just was reading too fast 

yes and up too early  sorry.   

for the record i totally agree on shutting off perkins from shooting threes.   i like his midrange game.  GD he approaches comparisons with george gervin inside the 3 line.  but i totally agree perkins is not a three point shooter.  

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

Someone must have been making shots. We put up 83 points. I'm more concerned that we gave up 80 to a young team. Where'd our vaunted D go? 

An incredible 62 of our points were scored in the paint.  31 points were  scored off of turnovers.  Bully Ball offense at its finest. 

There were a lot of points because there were an inflated number of possessions because of all the turnovers and lots of transition buckets.

billiken_roy likes this