GDT: No Mas, Umas .....

Taj79

Thought the same. Yuri should have had the ball. I understand JG is the guy you probably want driving and taking the shot but it needs to come from Yuri. If JG is not open then Yuri drives and hopes for contact. Or just dish to Has and they foul and you hope to god he sinks one. That said...his misses tonight were extra painful. His form was looking even worse from the line than in the past. 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, glazedandconfused said:

Haha hoosier, you have the wrong guy. I didn’t post about Jacobs all game except to say he showed up. 

I think you’re looking for these guys 

704BA699-6DB5-46B0-BFC7-18D6839383C5.jpeg

7F382731-9ECE-46AA-90BC-F46AE5D6550A.jpeg

It was last game when you wanted Jacobs benched.  How soon you forgot.  I never said it was today.

Go back a few days if you care to. I'm saying Jacobs continues to earn his minutes.

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Ha.  Nice change of tune.  So now are you a Jacobs believer?

I thought Jaobs was the difference in the game but oddly enough he had by far the worst plus/minus

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Ha.  Nice change of tune.  So now are you a Jacobs believer?

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

It was last game when you wanted Jacobs benched.  How soon you forgot.  I never said it was today.

Go back a few days if you care to. I'm saying Jacobs continues to earn his minutes.

Haha i just checked and I said no such thing. I defended Jacobs and said he should see a ton of time going forward.  Pretty telling that you didn’t just quote me saying that haha

Also you did imply it was today earlier on. Hoosier pal, as someone who trolls from time time to time himself, this is a really poor effort from you.

3 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Haha i just checked and I said no such thing. I defended Jacobs and said he should see a ton of time going forward.  Pretty telling that you didn’t just quote me saying that haha

Also you did imply it was today earlier on. Hoosier pal, as someone who trolls from time time to time himself, this is a really poor effort from you.

Okay.  You don't have to admit you wanted Jacobs benched for Perkins.  Carry on. 

8 minutes ago, slusam said:

I thought Jaobs was the difference in the game but oddly enough he had by far the worst plus/minus

Man those back to back passes he had that resulted in TOs... I was fuming 

Not gonna read this thread but just want to say this:

When Jacobs is focused and aggressive he can be so so good. His athletic ability gives him such an advantage and his outside shot is just dangerous enough.

When he isn't ... he is so so bad. 

Also please stop shooting threes javonte. it doesn't work. 

Sorry for the delay, we took our grandson to the game (he had a great time) and then had to get back home and take care of him first before having the chance to write.

I had a great time. The place was pretty full, good atmosphere. Lots of enthusiasm, and I noticed that the expensive party areas  at the top level were chock full of people. This is good. To make my life even happier, I noticed Coach Tate was walking around without crutches or any  kind of assists. He limped a bit and did not look very agile, but he was talking with the players (giving advice I assume). This is real progress for him and I was delighted to see it. The place was packed with kids today, this was nice to see.

This was, of course a messy game. We did not play, again, to match our own standards and came close to losing the game. However we won and a win is a win regardless of how miserable and hardscrabble it was. A W is what matters the most. I thought Bell was again doing better on its own in this game. Jacobs played nicely. Finally, and I do not know how many of you will agree with me here, I thought the team payed better and with more energy with Hargrove in play.

Onto the next one, let's beat GW. Go Bills!

Can someone explain why Jimmy Bell is not getting more playing time the last 2 games. Bell’s offensive game is improving and I think he is okay defensively but I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Can someone explain why Jimmy Bell is not getting more playing time the last 2 games. Bell’s offensive game is improving and I think he is okay defensively but I could be wrong.

Unless I missed something I was also wondering Why bell didn’t play much. 

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Unless I missed something I was also wondering Why bell didn’t play much. 

I think it’s because Ford is looking for someone to create on offense lately and that means Perkins or Hargrove in, Bell out.  I like Bell and think he guarded the big Freshman better than French did 

5 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

I think it’s because Ford is looking for someone to create on offense lately and that means Perkins or Hargrove in, Bell out.  I like Bell and think he guarded the big Freshman better than French did 

I thought he played excellent for the 12 minutes he logged 

14 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Bell played well. I think when French started taking over there wasn't a place for Bell. He would have clogged up the  middle.

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

He did. Just like ford moving away from things that work(1-3-1) he moved away from Bell. He made a lot of head scratching decisions, including giving Goodwin the ball for the last play of regulation 

Ford probably would have preferred the ball was in Perkins or Collins hands and UMass knew that.