GDT: No Mas, Umas .....

Taj79

3 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Must clean up the sloppy play. No way at this point in the season that a 6 win team comes in at our gym and we play like we did. I mean 23 TO's are going to get you beat no matter where the game is played. I suppose the FT % is a lost cause. Bills fans can only hope that French doesn't get to the line many times. 

take out french's ft's and they really shot ok, to's were the killer tonight, but a win is a win, lets get the next one

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach, "We better wake up, UMass just outhustled us on the glass, they were grittier than us. We made just enough plays. This time of year, your positives should start outweighing your negatives, but the last couple of games, our negatives are outweighing our positives. Every one on our team made important plays but everyone made two or three plays that you just can't make."

3 minutes ago, Compton said:

Good that Yuri, Jimmy Bell, Perkins, Hargrove and Weaver can contribute to a W while also getting some A10 experience.

I am starting to LOVE hargrove. His passion out there is unmatched.  The smile on his face and all the fist pumps. He clearly loves being at SLU and thats great.

Maybe we can build off this. Yuri was uneven but was really good in spots. Most helpers in a while.   Weaver kinda vanished late, and Bell of course always does. But more battles ahead.

Billiken Rich likes this

Really proud of the team. It is always tough to bounce back from a loss. These guys are having to establish themselves in the conference. I think they will go up from here. Impressed that Ford could hold them together through this game. Impressed he has the guts/intelligence to limit 3 point shooting, to force the team to win on its strengths. I hope they will get their shooting stride, as they move forward, in conference.

CBFan likes this

20 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

13 turnovers from Goodwin and Collins is going to lose a lot of games going forward. Need to cut that number in half if we want to be a competitive team in the A10.

Good thing Ford didn’t take your idea of benching Jacobs for Perkins. 

AGB91 likes this

Just now, glazedandconfused said:

??

My only post that mentioned Jacobs or Perkins was one that said Jacobs was the only guy to show up early in the game.

You were ready to throw Jacobs under the bus. Aren’t you glad Ford ignored you?  (Ford doesn’t read this board .)

3 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

Someone finally won top golf (think they added two holes) 

It's been won twice at the women's games, also after the two holes were added. Remember when the season started and the shots went endline to endline? They moved to the free throw lines after a couple of games.

I did not get to watch the Dukes game but from what I read on the board it seems that for some reason this team is not attacking the boards for rebounds like they were and I am not sure why.  Jimerson being out has impacted our scoring but the rebounding issue is somewhat confounding.  I am glad they won with the big crowd but honestly they don't seem to have a sense of urgency with the ball.  They act like TOs are just no big deal.  If they cut down on their TOs  the FT shooting is not as big a deal and the decreased offense is less of an eye sore. 

The crowd was great everyone was standing the last minute of overtime and totally in to it.

The last second 3 point shots were on the side I sit on and it was oh no yes a miss twice then I could breath again.

It is hard to understand what JGood is doing however he is a good player that needs to play within himself.

I did not want the ball in JGoods hands taking the last shot in regulation because he has a tendency to turn the ball over and he did again.  I think Collins has a better chance of making a play however Goodwin has a better chance to score a layup.

Duff Man likes this

12 minutes ago, CBFan said:

The crowd was great everyone was standing the last minute of overtime and totally in to it.

The last second 3 point shots were on the side I sit on and it was oh no yes a miss twice then I could breath again.

It is hard to understand what JGood is doing however he is a good player that needs to play within himself.

I did not want the ball in JGoods hands taking the last shot in regulation because he has a tendency to turn the ball over and he did again.  I think Collins has a better chance of making a play however Goodwin has a better chance to score a layup.

It was inexplicable to not run some sort of play with Yuri on the ball.