Madani Diarra

5 hours ago, papal said:

Diarra is quicker than Bell and appears to have better co-ordination.  What he lacks is strength and confidence.  Hopefully that will improve in the next year or two.

On what do you base these conclusions? I hope you are correct, but I haven’t seen Diarra enough to arrive at any conclusions about his ability other than he doesn’t appear to be much of a jumper.

1 hour ago, NH said:

You are never going to be able to recruit a team of 13 guys who can come in freshmen year and contribute. Literally not a single team in the NCAA does this. 

Glory TRav Clock is incapable of understanding such good sense, I do and this is a good point.

Kentucky, Duke and others get impact freshman however there are players on those teams that sit all year.  Duke tried to win a national championship playing only 6 players.

I watch Diarra at the shoot around before games and he looks like he moves around well and I am excited to see what he can do sometime soon.

Rob Loe was not an impact freshman and we all watched Rob develop to a very good player in his senior year so I can sit back and patiently wait for the young Diarra to develop.

drkelsey55 and almaman like this

On 1/5/2020 at 10:25 AM, HoosierPal said:

Perkins and Jacobs both missed the front end of 1 and 1's. Effectively, that's 4 missed free opportunities.  If/when French gets to a 50% FT average, I will rejoice.  I'll take a 38% FT French over no French at all.

I will rejoice when he gets to 38% FT avg

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Rob Loe was not an impact freshman and we all watched Rob develop to a very good player in his senior year so I can sit back and patiently wait for the young Diarra to develop.

Rob wasn't an "impact freshman", but was a freshman who started on a bad team and had some great games against tournament teams.

7 hours ago, papal said:

Diarra is quicker than Bell and appears to have better co-ordination.  What he lacks is strength and confidence.  Hopefully that will improve in the next year or two.

What in the world...? I think we are watching two different guys

8 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Rob wasn't an "impact freshman", but was a freshman who started on a bad team and had some great games against tournament teams.

Agree, the Billikens dot com village idiot made a absurd statement and I was making a point about freshman and Rob Loe came to mind.

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Diarra has not played much basketball and hasn't practiced much over the last few years because of injuries.  No one should have expected him to have had meaningful court time to this point.

Nobody that has an opinion that's not completely idiotic does

Diarra  looks quick for a big freshman- think about some of the freshman and juco players we had who never developed in the A10

Loe had talent as a 3 point shooter pretty quick release especially for someone 6 foot 10 and Loe benefitted from starting 4 years. Loe had players who would pass him the ball as well. 

I was surprised that in his senior year Loe actually rebounded and used his size to muscle some plays to his advantage. Diarra looks more like a bulkier Willie with less hunger and speed in dunking the ball. 

if Diarra would concentrate on rebounds he will succeed

28 minutes ago, GOSLU68 said:

Diarra  looks quick for a big freshman- think about some of the freshman and juco players we had who never developed in the A10

Loe had talent as a 3 point shooter pretty quick release especially for someone 6 foot 10 and Loe benefitted from starting 4 years. Loe had players who would pass him the ball as well. 

I was surprised that in his senior year Loe actually rebounded and used his size to muscle some plays to his advantage. Diarra looks more like a bulkier Willie with less hunger and speed in dunking the ball. 

if Diarra would concentrate on rebounds he will succeed

Diarra doesn’t look like he has anywhere near Willie’s athleticism.

Watch Diarra in pregame warm-ups; you won’t see thunderous dunks - I suspect his knee(s) are still healing or he’s reluctant to push himself too much.  I have higher long term hopes for him than a laundry list of former SLU centers.  He certainly passes the eyeball test. 🤔