A10 Day Two 1/05

Taj79

There will be some very interesting matchups across the A10 this Sunday, well besides our interest to see how we bounce back from a horrible performance and loss at Duquesne with Umass.  My intent is to preview Umass in Sunday's GDT if I start it or not.  Spreads have not been released just yet.

Otherwise, the yawner of the day should be Dayton at St. Joe's.  This should be Dayton - 25.  If St. Joe's keeps this under 20, I'd be stunned with gradually increasing levels of stun if the lead and margin shrinks more and more.  I just can't see any hope for the Joeys here.  It's a noon tip for you locals on ESPN+.

NBCSN is carrying VCU at Mason at 1100 CST.  This could be interesting.  Mason hasn't played anybody at home (Maryland and TCU losses on the road) and VCU is not firing on all cylinders just yet.  Keep an eye on VCU freshman Bones Hyland.  He is really starting to come on.The in-state rivalry, plus old ties back to the CAA, should make this interesting.

ESPN+ carries Richmond at Rhodey, also at 1100 am CST.  Had the Rams not suffered that inexplicable setback last night to Brown, I'd say they roll.  Now I'm not so sure.  This will be a good test to see just how real the Spiders are.  Dowtin and Russell can match up with Gilyard and Francis and Langevine and Golden should zero each other out as well.  Ditto Harris and Cato.  Nick Sherrod is then the  factor and maybe Tyrese Martin can do well against him.  Let's see if Richmond gets anything from Jake Wojcik who has come on like Hyland has from three as of late.  Rhodey's two-manbenchof Walker and Toppin the Lesser actually trumps Richmond's bench in my opinion.

After the VCU game, NBCSN comes back at 100 pm CST with Davidson going to Duquesne.  Two teams in different places not predicted to be there.  Does Davidson find itself for the A10 season?  But Davidson is soft inside where Hughes and especially Weathers should have field days.  Duquesne beats davidson and they likely coast to  a 5 and 0 start in A10 play.

Also at 100 CST, La Salle goes to Fordham.  Pundits were praising La Salle and Ashley Howard for his work to date before getting hammered at Gola by Toppin and crew.  La Salle has better athletes but who knows.  Howard has La Salle pressing 100% of the time and while it has led to better defensive numbers, they are some of the worst teams in turnovers and rebounding.

Same time as us and Umass, the Bonnies are in Foggy Bottom facing the Geedubya Colonials.  At face value, not a great game but with this being so new in the current conference season, interesting all the same.  The Bonnies remain a two man offensive team in Lofton and Welch with Osunniyi on defense.  Geedubya is in complete shambles right now.  Lofton might win this one going 1-on-5 all by himself.  And from what I've seen,he has to.

Frankly, I'd call every game except Dayton's a wild toss up right now.  Playoffs?  NFL?  What playoffs?  Did you say playoffs?