The OOC Review from da' Couch in Maryland

Taj79

1 hour ago, Clock_Tower said:

IMO, location is probably the single biggest factor; however, doesn't the NCAA also factor in items such as:  selection of the officials, marketing/production rights of the game, etc.

I think it may just be up to the teams to decide. BYU is displaced from their arena for a week in December. They played UNLV in Salt Lake where the Jazz play. It's about 45 minutes away but it's included in their season tickets, marketed by them and utilizes their officials. This is considered a neutral game by the NCAA. Everything except the location should make it a home game for BYU but it isn't.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

So you are saying a Midwest team plays Florida in Jacksonville it shouldn't be a home game for Florida? It certainly more of a home game than a neutral game

I do believe that. I'm a Utah State fan. This year we actually played Florida in a neutral venue in Florida. It wasn't a short drive for them but they definitely had substantially more fans.

11 minutes ago, Bracketologists said:

I do believe that. I'm a Utah State fan. This year we actually played Florida in a neutral venue in Florida. It wasn't a short drive for them but they definitely had substantially more fans.

That should have been a home game for Florida, it certainly was much closer to that than it was a neutral site

15 hours ago, slufanskip said:

That should have been a home game for Florida, it certainly was much closer to that than it was a neutral site

KenPom uses semi-home and semi-away for these not quite neutral scenarios.  I think that makes sense to separate them from true home, road, or neutral games.  However, I don’t agree with all of his classifications either because he has KState as neutral.

22 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

KenPom uses semi-home and semi-away for these not quite neutral scenarios.  I think that makes sense to separate them from true home, road, or neutral games.  However, I don’t agree with all of his classifications either because he has KState as neutral.

The only thing that matters is how the NCAA looks at it really. The idea that our game at K State and others like it are considered neutral is ridiculous. I don't know how to deal with these games but neutral should not be the answer

36 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

The only thing that matters is how the NCAA looks at it really. The idea that our game at K State and others like it are considered neutral is ridiculous. I don't know how to deal with these games but neutral should not be the answer

When we played Illinois at the Ed Jones Dome years ago, it did not feel like a home game - and yet location was what? within 10 miles from campus?  But 4 hour drive from Champagne? Same if we play Mizzou at Enterprise Center instead of Chavetz.