Jimmerson Question

crymdg2

14 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

As a side note ....had GJ made 1 more 3 he would have qualified to make my Top 100 ITN for 3s that I put at the end of every report card. He finished with 24.  You need 25 or be on pace for 25 to be eligible to make the top 100.  Had he made 1 more he would be currently ranked at 83rd ITN.  He is definitely an elite shooter. 

That we will likely have him for a full 4 seasons after this is nothing short of remarkable. A full additional year of learning the offense and developing confidence. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, glazedandconfused said:

It's going to break our hearts when Gibson Jimerson transfers back home to Virginia as a grad-transfer and shoots UVA into a final 4.**

**Not meant as troll just genuine fear I have of GJ being the perfect grad-transfer candidate down the road. 

Nope. This is like saying no copyright infringement intended while uploading copyrighted video to YouTube.

11 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

It's going to break our hearts when Gibson Jimerson transfers back home to Virginia as a grad-transfer and shoots UVA into a final 4.**

**Not meant as troll just genuine fear I have of GJ being the perfect grad-transfer candidate down the road.

Not sure why he'd want to leave a National Championship team just to try and make a Final 4. 

10 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Expressing a fear of mine is like knowingly breaking the law? And FWIW, I do not want GJ or any of our guys to ever leave.

How you got that from what I said is shocking. The example is you saying that you were intending to not do something that you clearly did. I'm not saying you're a troll because I don't think you are but that was a solid troll style post. 

Billiken Rich likes this

9 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

We have a chance to be a perennial top 40 program by the time Jimerson's a senior.  Stars don't transfer out of the Wichita States and VCUs of the world.  Status seekers jump from lower level programs.

rgbilliken and ACE like this

19 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Do you have this fear for Goodwin going to Illinois and French going to Cuse too?

rgbilliken likes this

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Do you have this fear for Goodwin going to Illinois and French going to Cuse too?

Clearly not...neither of them will have their last year of eligibility be their 5th year in college. 

9 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

We have a chance to be a perennial top 40 program by the time Jimerson's a senior.  Stars don't transfer out of the Wichita States and VCUs of the world.  Status seekers jump from lower level programs.

My concern is I don't necessarily think it's safe to say we will be on the level of Wichita State and VCU in 3 years. I really hope we are, but I don't think it's crazy to think we might not be. If we are, I have no fears of GJ leaving a top A10 team.

42 minutes ago, bauman said:

Here's hoping TF and staff can get us a couple of mini-Jimerson's  (or Jimerson-lites, if you prefer).  I don't hold out any hope that we will be able to recruit any GJ level shooters, but I hope we can get some who are close to that level.  I don't know how TF was able to sneak Jimerson under the radar to get him to SLU.

I drool at the thought of Jordan Bohannon joining the team as a grad transfer next year.  He would be the ultimate get for the Billikens.  I don't see any way that happens, though.  He bleeds black & gold but if Luka Garza and Joe Wieskamp were to enter the NBA Draft this year, the Billikens would look like a much better bet to go dancing in 2021 than the Hawkeyes.

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

but doesn't this seem soon?  typically a 4-6 month recovery if involving surgery, and he's just 1 month in.

Different fractures require different recovery times. There is no use in dealing with averages here. He had a metatarsal fracture (5th if I recall correctly) which is neither a weight bearing joint not a difficult and lengthy recovery, he was also pinned which speeds things up. It is OK for him to exercise to maintain muscle mass and strength at this time. I see no issue here, and I am sure his PT does not either.

wgstl likes this

3 hours ago, glazedandconfused said:

It's going to break our hearts when Gibson Jimerson transfers

Way, way, way too early to worry about the 23-24 season.  But even today, the number of student athletes across NCAA's landscape that stay at one school 5 years is trending downwards.  Yes, there are some- Sean McDermott for Butler is one- but the norm isn't towards staying.

Consider this the white elephant in the room.  (Cue up the Troll Marks.)

Edited by HoosierPal

12 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Just to keep the blue koolaid flowing... since Jimerson essentially got an extra 10 games to rack up a bunch of points for his career stats, is it possible he could end up becoming the highest scoring Billiken ever? 

He would need to average about 14.6 PPG over 4 years to get there (after adding in his 108 from this year). Definitely unlikely, but not impossible. There will be a lot of shots opening up after next year with JG, HF, and JP graduating. 

I don't think that G&C raised this issue in the right way, as you always need to soft pedal any possible negative thoughts when on this forum, but I think that it's strange that this board loves discussing bringing in grad transfers, but never thinks it's going to happen to us.  I really hope it never happens with one of our guys.  However, with as common as grad transfers have become, it is naive to think it will never happen at SLU.  I won't go any further with it, but I have wondered whether any of our guys are on track to graduate in May.

26 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

He would need to average about 14.6 PPG over 4 years to get there (after adding in his 108 from this year). Definitely unlikely, but not impossible. There will be a lot of shots opening up after next year with JG, HF, and JP graduating. 

Count it then.  Four years from now, The Gibber will be SLU's all-time leading scorer.  Kid's a fuoking gamer.  Fuoking beauty.

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

He's the biggest Pantene pro in the league.

I heard his billet sister's a rocket, boys.  No one deserves it more.  Kid's a sniper.  Dirty fuoking dangles, boys.  And wheels to boot.  Pert near Pantene Pro as a freshie.  Kid collects fuoking boats, boys.  Eats frosted tendies for breakfast and smells like two stroke all day cuz his engine's always purrrrrrin', boys.

1 minute ago, jimbofive said:

I heard his billet sister's a rocket, boys.  No one deserves it more.  Kid's a sniper.  Dirty fuoking dangles, boys.  And wheels to boot.  Pert near Pantene Pro as a freshie.  Kid collects fuoking boats, boys.  Eats frosted tendies for breakfast and smells like two stroke all day cuz his engine's always purrrrrrin', boys.

FERDA

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

@Pistol @HoosierPal where would Jimerson finish with his on pace points for frosh all time?

He had 108 points through 10 games, for 10.8 PPG. If we play the fewest games possible - 32, based on 31 scheduled and 1 A10 Tournament game - he was on pace to score 346 points. This would've put him 6th all time among freshman scorers, between Anthony Bonner (360) and Roland Gray (344). If we play another game or two, he would've had a good chance to finish above Bonner and chase fourth (Scott Highmark, 369) or third (Willie Becton, 376).

I'm not sure how the SLU record book will handle his bonus 10-game freshman season if he gets the extra season we expect and plays all four remaining years, so I'm not going to factor that in yet.

(By the way, if we ever get another freshman who can challenge Larry Hughes' 670, look out. Second place for freshman is Monroe Douglass, with 406. Hughes' mark is not only the freshman record, it's the all-time SLU single-season scoring record.)

Zink likes this

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

@Pistol @HoosierPal where would Jimerson finish with his on pace points for frosh all time?

The math is easy for the all time Career Record.  Record of 1972 - 108 = 1864 points to tie.  Four into 1864 = 466 per year.  How many games do you want each year?  Last six seasons were 36, 33, 33, 32, 32, 34.  or 33.3 per year.  466/33.3 = 13.99 ppg.  Shall we round up to 14 ppg for a new Career Scoring record?

I'll stick for Pistol's response for Frosh.