GDT: Bethune

SLU_Nick

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

I strongly disagree. Collins is the best passer that has put on a Billiken uniform since H and his court vision may be better than H. JGOOD is a good passer with good vision however, it doesn't even compare with Collins. They are on separate levels as passers

I also think this season of JGOOD is so far the best season I've seen from a Billiken guard since Larry Hughes and as ludicrous as it might sound if he stays at or near 11+ rebounds per game with 15+ points for the season, I may rank this years JGOOD ahead of Larry.  11 rebounds a game from a 6'3" guard is insane. It should be getting a lot more media attention than it does. He also shoots 48% from the field as a comparison LH shot 46% and J Bess shot 40%. 

drkelsey55 and moytoy12 like this

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I strongly disagree. Collins is the best passer that has put on a Billiken uniform since H and his court vision may be better than H. JGOOD is a good passer with good vision however, it doesn't even compare with Collins. They are on separate levels as passers

I also think this season of JGOOD is so far the best season I've seen from a Billiken guard since Larry Hughes and as ludicrous as it might sound if he stays at or near 11+ rebounds per game with 15+ points for the season, I may rank this years JGOOD ahead of Larry.  11 rebounds a game from a 6'3" guard is insane. It should be getting a lot more media attention than it does. He also shoots 48% from the field as a comparison LH shot 46% and J Bess shot 40%. 

There must be something in the water in the A10.  Three years ago, 6'2 guard Marquise Moore from George Mason averaged 16.9 ppg and 10.9 rpg on 48% shooting.  Moore labored in relative obscurity.  If we can knock of Dayton in either of our matchups, JGood will get the national media's attention.  

slufanskip likes this

3 hours ago, slufanskip said:

I still want to see more from Jgood on the mid range game.  Earlier in the season he showed off 2 step back jumpers that were as clean as they get. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

I still want to see more from Jgood on the mid range game.  Earlier in the season he showed off 2 step back jumpers that were as clean as they get. 

I would also. However, I still wanted to see Larry shoot the ball more efficiently when he played. They all have something to improve, however, if JGOOD stays at 15+ and 11+, it will be a Billiken season for the ages and imo the best single season for any Bill since i started following them in 92. 

6 minutes ago, QUAILMAN said:

Any lip readers know what Hasahn is saying after he puts #10 in a poster at the 22 second mark in this video? #10 was smiling after the dunk so it looks like there was some friendly trash talking going on between these two. 

https://youtu.be/pfW33hmRzVQ

"I told you, I'm the prettiest fighter in the ring today!"

2 hours ago, QUAILMAN said:

Any lip readers know what Hasahn is saying after he puts #10 in a poster at the 22 second mark in this video? #10 was smiling after the dunk so it looks like there was some friendly trash talking going on between these two. 

https://youtu.be/pfW33hmRzVQ

I told you I was tough

QUAILMAN likes this

On 12/30/2019 at 3:43 PM, Sheltiedave said:

Ford does not have the luxury of teaching two 3 pt sharpshooters where to be to receive a Collins dime at the 3 pt line; this OOC has been spent figuring out who the 3 pt shooters are, and getting them to play defense so they can get playing time. As familiarity grows, and recognition that trees are trees, Collins drive turnovers will shrink.

Fully agree with this point.  Believe your point may not have registered or got lost and/or misunderstood with other comments; however, I feel like Coach Ford started the first day of practice this year and said:  "OMG, did these guys learn nothing in high school?"   I am reminded of a Freshman high school math teacher ready to teach Algebra to students who are still having problems with math fundamentals which should have been learned in middle school.  Or trying to build a house on a incomplete or faulty foundation.  Pick whatever example you wish, but I suspect Coach Ford has spent half this year working on the fundamentals (general defense, angles, positioning, help side, spacing, off the ball play... on the fundamentals,  on the foundation... and not the subject -- Algebra, building the house, or D1 offensive schemes.

IMO, Jimerson is a natural 3 pointer with size and good release.   Weaver is short and could use help.  Thatch and Jacobs can make 3 pointers but could use help getting open and increase their chances with help.  Perkins probably needs to get more comfortable and think less on defense and less on the other aspects of his game and his 3 point shots will start falling - though Perkins and our team would play better with his shots being more part of an offense.  I am hopefully that Coach Ford can now start turning his attention to the offense -- making the offense run crisper, make the picks and rolls more effective, run double screens for Jacobs and Thatch to launch a 3 pointer, position the other 4 players better for rebounds when Perkins takes a shot...

2 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Fully agree with this point.  Believe your point may not have registered or got lost and/or misunderstood with other comments; however, I feel like Coach Ford started the first day of practice this year and said:  "OMG, did these guys learn nothing in high school?"   I am reminded of a Freshman high school math teacher ready to teach Algebra to students who are still having problems with math fundamentals which should have been learned in middle school.  Or trying to build a house on a incomplete or faulty foundation.  Pick whatever example you wish, but I suspect Coach Ford has spent half this year working on the fundamentals (general defense, angles, positioning, help side, spacing, off the ball play... on the fundamentals,  on the foundation... and not the subject -- Algebra, building the house, or D1 offensive schemes.

IMO, Jimerson is a natural 3 pointer with size and good release.   Weaver is short and could use help.  Thatch and Jacobs can make 3 pointers but could use help getting open and increase their chances with help.  Perkins probably needs to get more comfortable and think less on defense and less on the other aspects of his game and his 3 point shots will start falling - though Perkins and our team would play better with his shots being more part of an offense.  I am hopefully that Coach Ford can now start turning his attention to the offense -- making the offense run crisper, make the picks and rolls more effective, run double screens for Jacobs and Thatch to launch a 3 pointer, position the other 4 players better for rebounds when Perkins takes a shot...

Yep, and either the Tweedledee squad do not understand this, or they cheerfully act like they don’t because they would rather further their own belief and profile.

Ford has only harnessed about 30% of this team’s offensive potential. If we are lucky, if Thatch makes it back, and Collins heals and there are no further major injuries, we might hit 50% of the potential this season.

Sheltiedave, if what you say is correct and 70% of this team's offensive potential is still unlocked, we have a lot of room to grow into (or improve into) during the rest of the season. It will be interesting to see how far we go unlocking this latent potential.