ESPN+ QUESTION

slu72

Does anyone know if all the FSMW and CBSSports are broadcast on ESPN+ as well? I'm tired of paying almost $200/mo for 1 tv to UVerse. I have ESPN+ thru Roku. Just got a great offer from Xfinity but they don't offer FSMW in Dixie Land. I checked on this week's game against Bethune Cookman which is on FSMW but ESPN+ didn't show it as an upcoming event. My guess is ESPN+ is blocked from broadcasting FSMW games. 

ESPN+ has regional blackouts. Sunday's game is an ESPN+ game in areas not serviced by FSMW if I understand correctly. For instance, I live in Chicago and it is available to me via ESPN+. To answer your question, only select events on FSMW and CBS Sports are broadcast on the service, so it is not a full replacement for those services unfortunately. 

34 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Does anyone know if all the FSMW and CBSSports are broadcast on ESPN+ as well? I'm tired of paying almost $200/mo for 1 tv to UVerse. I have ESPN+ thru Roku. Just got a great offer from Xfinity but they don't offer FSMW in Dixie Land. I checked on this week's game against Bethune Cookman which is on FSMW but ESPN+ didn't show it as an upcoming event. My guess is ESPN+ is blocked from broadcasting FSMW games. 

I live outside the blackout area and have gotten every game this year on ESPN+ but the Seton Hall game and one game that was on ESPN2 (I have ESPN2 on my cable package so got that one too) I will get the Bethune-Cookman game on ESPN+.  The schedule right now show 10 of the remainder games on ESPN+.  I will get more than that as some of the other games are on ESPN2, CBSSN or could be added later by ESPN+.  Add all that up and it looks like I will get at least 25 games during the regular season, 20 minimum on ESPN+.  Well worth $4.95 a month.  And cast games to my 65" TV.

NextYearBill likes this

53 minutes ago, kappy96 said:

YouTubeTV gives you FSMW, all locals and a ton of sports channels for $49.99.  Add the Disney bundle for $12.99 and you get Hulu and ESPN+ as well.  Just dropped UVerse and couldn’t be more pleased with the decision.

I just checked the rest of the schedule. If I stay with Uverse, I will get every remaining game between FSMW, ESPN+ (VIA ROKU), NBCS, CBSSN, and ESPN2/U. If I go your route, ie YouTube TV will I get the CBS and NBC games as well? 

10 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I think ROKU is a provider of You Tube TV. Not sure but I'll check.

Roku still needs an Internet Service Provider to stream content.  I hear lots of people talk about cutting the cord and was curious what folks are using to provide their basic Internet.  I subscribe to a UVerse Internet plan and various streaming services for everything else.

1 hour ago, kappy96 said:

YouTubeTV gives you FSMW, all locals and a ton of sports channels for $49.99.  Add the Disney bundle for $12.99 and you get Hulu and ESPN+ as well.  Just dropped UVerse and couldn’t be more pleased with the decision.

Did u have att internet?

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I just checked the rest of the schedule. If I stay with Uverse, I will get every remaining game between FSMW, ESPN+ (VIA ROKU), NBCS, CBSSN, and ESPN2/U. If I go your route, ie YouTube TV will I get the CBS and NBC games as well? 

Yes YouTubeTV has all of the additional sports channels included (NBC Sports, CBS Sports,etc). I think the only sports channels you don’t get are NFL and NHL networks

Hey guys, followed the board for a while, but never really posted, but wanted to help out if I can. I "cut the cord" earlier this year. I had the ATT bundle and still use them for wireless internet. They're going to try to jack up the cost of your internet since you won't be using the bundle anymore. What you're going to have to do is insist that that is unacceptable. Insist that you can get "new customer" prices for internet with Charter for $50. They're going to try to give you new "discounts" for the internet/tv bundle. You're going to have to talk to like 3 different people, repeating yourself over and over. But just keep insisting that they can either get $50 from you for internet, or nothing at all. It might help to say that if they won't give you the $50 price, you will write some scathing reviews saying that ATT cares more about new customers than existing ones. It will be a long, frustrating process that will make you want to pull your hair out, but once they (finally) agree...it's $50 for internet, $50 for YouTube TV and $6 for ESPN+. So it will all be worth it. Hope this helps. All the best.

almaman and majerus mojo like this

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

Hey guys, followed the board for a while, but never really posted, but wanted to help out if I can. I "cut the cord" earlier this year. I had the ATT bundle and still use them for wireless internet. They're going to try to jack up the cost of your internet since you won't be using the bundle anymore. What you're going to have to do is insist that that is unacceptable. Insist that you can get "new customer" prices for internet with Charter for $50. They're going to try to give you new "discounts" for the internet/tv bundle. You're going to have to talk to like 3 different people, repeating yourself over and over. But just keep insisting that they can either get $50 from you for internet, or nothing at all. It might help to say that if they won't give you the $50 price, you will write some scathing reviews saying that ATT cares more about new customers than existing ones. It will be a long, frustrating process that will make you want to pull your hair out, but once they (finally) agree...it's $50 for internet, $50 for YouTube TV and $6 for ESPN+. So it will all be worth it. Hope this helps. All the best.

Dealing with the AT&T people is the worst.

Thats the main reason I cut the cord. YouTube TV is great.

I’d rather go to the DMV with a severe case of poison ivy on my balls than deal with AT&T again. 

I have to say that dealing with ATT is a pain in the ass, but you can make a much better deal with them than you've got, 72.  I'm getting internet and DirecTV (ultimate package or whatever it is called, with all the sports channels you'd ever need) for $86 a month, on a two year deal that does not go up after the first year.  When that expires in 9/21 I'll see what the best deal is.  It's like buying a car- you can't be afraid to walk away.