Best Shot/Play of the Decade

moytoy12

22 minutes ago, ACE said:

The Conklin screen was an exciting play on its own merits, but I think it also takes on added significance when you put it in context. It was very early in the season, following the disappointment of S1. It was the team's first real test. We were taking on a P5 team led by our former coach who I believe had 3 future NBA players and a MAA at point guard on his team. We dominated them from the opening tip, playing beautiful bball. RM's squad played circles around Romar's bunch. Washington was getting embarrassed, so they got chippy in the second half. And when that began to happen, Conk stepped up and quickly put an end to that. For me, it's like that game and play showed that the program under Majerus had arrived. Right after that game, the team went out to Anaheim and dominated that tournament against some other P5 teams. That play signaled the start of the best three-year run in the modern era of the program. 

The first half of that game was as good a half as I’ve ever seen the Billikens play. 

Adman, ACE and billikenbill like this

This thread is like a Christmas present. All of these videos give me the warm and fuzzy feelings of some of the most BA players we’ve had. Damn I miss some of them.

i love how kwamain is so chill after everyone of his. Like nbd, focus and finish.

and how rob loe always got so pumped up.i loved how energetic he was.

i frequently say Jett was my all time favorite.... but it’s like saying I have a favorite song. Some days it was loe or mccall or Mitchell... Evans Bess Conklin. So many awesome experiences as a Billikens fan. 

jimbofive and willie like this