Best Shot/Play of the Decade

moytoy12

Copying from @HoosierPal for this one, but what is the best shot or play of the decade? No real guidelines for this one, just like reliving some of the great moments we've had over the past 10 years.

I'm going with a likely underrated one and saying Jake Barnett's 3 ball against NC State in the tourney.  Kwamain's 3 from the parking lot against Memphis in the tourney is a close 2nd for me. 

Just now, moytoy12 said:

Copying from @HoosierPal for this one, but what is the best shot or play of the decade? No real guidelines for this one, just like reliving some of the great moments we've had over the past 10 years.

I'm going with a likely underrated one and saying Jake Barnett's 3 ball against NC State in the tourney.  Kwamain's 3 from the parking lot against Memphis in the tourney is a close 2nd for me. 

My least favorite was Keith Appling’s 3 from the corner in the next game 

5 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

My shortlist off the top of my head 

Kwamains bank 3 @ home against Dayton 

Jordairs drive against NC state bucket and 1

Rob Loe’s 3 against George Mason

Mitchell stole the ball against UWGB (was that this decade?)

Conklin screen And bucket vs uw 

34 minutes ago, GoSluBills said:

Piggybacking on some of the others above: 

Jordair go ahead layup against Umass to clinch A10 title in 2014

Evans dunks against VCU at home in 2014

Barnett’s steals and buckets against Butler

Jordair was doing this every game, but this sequence clinched the regular season A10 title and put the finishing touch on his A10 Player of the Year campaign.'

IMGE9856.jpg

IMGE9858.jpg

IMGE9860.jpg

IMGE9861.jpg

This was the consummate Jett/McCall/Loe/Evans play. Jett gets it started with the block on the other end, McCall brings the ball into the frontcourt, hits Evans who drives in for the dunk with Loe providing the seal.

Those are both very good choices...but my pick as the play of the decade is Kwamain's 3 point bomb against Memphis in 2012

majerus mojo and Zink like this

3 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Jordair was doing this every game, but this sequence clinched the regular season A10 title and put the finishing touch on his A10 Player of the Year campaign.'

IMGE9856.jpg

IMGE9858.jpg

IMGE9860.jpg

IMGE9861.jpg

This was the consummate Jett/McCall/Loe/Evans play. Jett gets it started with the block on the other end, McCall brings the ball into the frontcourt, hits Evans who drives in for the dunk with Loe providing the seal.

Those are both very good choices...but my pick as the play of the decade is Kwamain's 3 point bomb against Memphis in 2012

I think it has to be this one.  “He hit it from the parking lot”. Spending so much of my fandom (2003-2010) having the little engine that could mentality...feeling like NCAA tournaments were only for higher tier programs than ours, it was the first time I came to the realization that a top 50 program at SLU was a real possibility. 

That team didn’t get lucky against Memphis, we were just better.  

Duff Man and NextYearBill like this

6 hours ago, Duff Man said:

IMGE9856.jpg

IMGE9858.jpg

IMGE9860.jpg

IMGE9861.jpg

The Evans dunk is the closest Chaifetz has ever been to a spoonball like crowd. Everyone cared that night, as much as the city embraced this last NCAA run(packing BPV) that was as much as this program has been top dog since 95-96

Boy all of these bring back such great memories. Kwamain's shot v Dayton has to be my pick. He shot that from Union Station. Of course, the one play that is firmly implanted in my mind is Conk's screen when he literally planted the UW player. This topic gets me excited because of how many great plays we have to look forward to with a very young exciting team that has already provided us with some spectacular plays. 

41 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Columbus was definitely a religious experience. Best sports moment(s) of my life. 

There was something so beautiful about seeing everyone wearing Billiken gear around that town. It was the perfect storm of a great location within driving distance and a first trip back in a decade. There was no pressure, no expectations despite how good we were. Mizzou had just lost and it was a chance to carry the flag for the state. I remember there was a large group standing outside our section watching the end of that game everyone was rooting for Norfolk. I’ll never forget the energy our contingent had. Nobody sat down from tip to final buzzer. It was surreal to see people wearing OSU shirts with Billiken stickers. I still get chills thinking about it. 

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

There was something so beautiful about seeing everyone wearing Billiken gear around that town. It was the perfect storm of a great location within driving distance and a first trip back in a decade. There was no pressure, no expectations despite how good we were. Mizzou had just lost and it was a chance to carry the flag for the state. I remember there was a large group standing outside our section watching the end of that game everyone was rooting for Norfolk. I’ll never forget the energy our contingent had. Nobody sat down from tip to final buzzer. It was surreal to see people wearing OSU shirts with Billiken stickers. I still get chills thinking about it. 

it set a precedent for the alumni association to rent space at the bar closest to the arena. we always have the primo spot in any city... who ever heads that effort does a great job. 

47 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

That’s all well and good, but what happened to @BACKHANDtheRICAN in Columbus?

The Conklin screen was an exciting play on its own merits, but I think it also takes on added significance when you put it in context. It was very early in the season, following the disappointment of S1. It was the team's first real test. We were taking on a P5 team led by our former coach who I believe had 3 future NBA players and a MAA at point guard on his team. We dominated them from the opening tip, playing beautiful bball. RM's squad played circles around Romar's bunch. Washington was getting embarrassed, so they got chippy in the second half. And when that began to happen, Conk stepped up and quickly put an end to that. For me, it's like that game and play showed that the program under Majerus had arrived. Right after that game, the team went out to Anaheim and dominated that tournament against some other P5 teams. That play signaled the start of the best three-year run in the modern era of the program.