MWC vs A10

bauman

Don't look now but our opponent in the inter-conference challenge next year, S D St, in # 1 in today's NET rankings.  If they are anywhere close to this good next year it should be quite a game.  I can't imagine they are really this good but that's what the NCAA's official ranking system says and of course the NCAA n ever gets it wrong.  🙄

3 minutes ago, bauman said:

Don't look now but our opponent in the inter-conference challenge next year, S D St, in # 1 in today's NET rankings.  If they are anywhere close to this good next year it should be quite a game.  I can't imagine they are really this good but that's what the NCAA's official ranking system says and of course the NCAA n ever gets it wrong.  🙄

Not bad, 11-0 with wins against BYU, Iowa, Creighton and Utah.

On 12/23/2019 at 4:07 PM, bauman said:

I have seen San Diego State play, they have a good team--Sweet 16 capable.  Steve Fisher turned that program around and left it in good hands.  The real shocker is Jerry Falwell University is #17!  I think they won their bowl game too.  Is this the next BYU?

almaman likes this

16 hours ago, Matty Light said:

I have seen San Diego State play, they have a good team--Sweet 16 capable.  Steve Fisher turned that program around and left it in good hands.  The real shocker is Jerry Falwell University is #17!  I think they won their bowl game too.  Is this the next BYU?

Money can buy just about anything

2 hours ago, tarheelbilliken said:

I just looked who #17 played. Other than Vandy I do not see one quality win.

Exactly.  Liberty is a paper tiger just like Duquesne was.  Their opponents so far have been mediocre to bad.  They're going to get destroyed by LSU on Sunday, but I'm actually not sure if that will cause their NET to go down all that much given it is an away game vs a top team.  All of the bad / mediocre teams from low major conferences they played in non-conf will see their NETs drop as they play out their conference schedules against bad conference foes.  Liberty's NET will drop as a result of that and playing their own bad conference schedule.   The funny thing is that they could go undefeated outside of that LSU game and probably still not be worthy of an at-large bid.  I'd expect them to drop a game or 3 during conference play, however, and their NCAA hopes will be tied to winning the ASun tournament.

30 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Exactly.  Liberty is a paper tiger just like Duquesne was.  Their opponents so far have been mediocre to bad.  They're going to get destroyed by LSU on Sunday, but I'm actually not sure if that will cause their NET to go down all that much given it is an away game vs a top team.  All of the bad / mediocre teams from low major conferences they played in non-conf will see their NETs drop as they play out their conference schedules against bad conference foes.  Liberty's NET will drop as a result of that and playing their own bad conference schedule.   The funny thing is that they could go undefeated outside of that LSU game and probably still not be worthy of an at-large bid.  I'd expect them to drop a game or 3 during conference play, however, and their NCAA hopes will be tied to winning the ASun tournament.

Liberty ran the table last year to get the automatic bid, beat Mississippi State in the NCAA tournament and played Virginia Tech tough.  If they dominate the ASUN again and make it to the conference finals and maintain a top 40 NET ranking, they've earned enough credibility to secure an at-large.  Especially if they knock off LSU this weekend, which they are capable of doing.

42 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Liberty is #58 in Kenpom

Next in ASun is #158