Who Is On Your All Decade Billiken Team

HoosierPal

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, ARon said:

I feel bad for anyone who didn’t see enough of Kwamain to put him on this list.

If I had to pick one, I would name Mitchell the player of the decade. He was one of the RM's first signings and he quickly became the leader of the team. He was a winning player. Also, give him a lot of credit for sticking it out through S1. He easily could have bailed at that point and if he had it would have been a major setback for the program.

NextYearBill likes this

49 minutes ago, ACE said:

If I had to pick one, I would name Mitchell the player of the decade. He was one of the RM's first signings and he quickly became the leader of the team. He was a winning player. Also, give him a lot of credit for sticking it out through S1. He easily could have bailed at that point and if he had it would have been a major setback for the program.

I love Kwamain but i think the two options for best player of the decade would be Jordair (A10 POY and Dwayne Evans (2x 1st team all conference and 1x conference tourney MVP). Plus they both made 3 NCAA tourneys. 

On 12/27/2019 at 2:56 PM, Cowboy said:

-in no particular order, the two brunettes that went on the cheer for the Rams, the blonde that could tumble or whatever it is called from baseline to baseline and actually throw past the 10th row in the "Billiken Ball Toss", from last season a 'dirty blonde hair ' that started on the AB song facing the basket on the end by our bench and from a couple of seasons ago a very tall brunette who was only around for about half the season (I wish I could think of a red head to balance the squad but none coming to mind)

Very important post!

7 hours ago, glazedandconfused said:

I love Kwamain but i think the two options for best player of the decade would be Jordair (A10 POY and Dwayne Evans (2x 1st team all conference and 1x conference tourney MVP). Plus they both made 3 NCAA tourneys. 

I loved watching Evans but his having more all conference honors than Mitchell is more a reflection of the depth of talent in the A10 at their respective positions.

24 minutes ago, ARon said:

I loved watching Evans but his having more all conference honors than Mitchell is more a reflection of the depth of talent in the A10 at their respective positions.

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. Kwamain averaged 15 his sophomore year and then like 12 pts, 2 reb and 3 assists per game rest of his career. 

Evans averaged 14/7/1 his junior/senior years on 50% shooting and like 55% junior year

1 hour ago, glazedandconfused said:

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. Kwamain averaged 15 his sophomore year and then like 12 pts, 2 reb and 3 assists per game rest of his career. 

Evans averaged 14/7/1 his junior/senior years on 50% shooting and like 55% junior year

Kwam’s broken foot before the season started his senior year led to a down year for him that year.  He missed 8 or so games and wasn’t the same player as soon/jr year until very late in the season.

I think I’d call Jett player of the decade.  His senior year was the best single season of the decade.

5 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Kwam’s broken foot before the season started his senior year led to a down year for him that year.  He missed 8 or so games and wasn’t the same player as soon/jr year until very late in the season.

I think I’d call Jett player of the decade.  His senior year was the best single season of the decade.

Yea totally agree, Kwamain had more potential than Dwayne and got hurt by injuries.

And agreed on Jett, his senior year and particularly his senior year in conference play were incredible. 

My full roster in an attempt to build the best, most rounded team.

Starters:

Mitchell - The most skilled player of the decade in my opinion. Clutch player. Can create his own shot and I'd feel good about it going in no matter the situation.

Jett - Great defender. Can give him the ball at the end of the game and tell him to score - and he will. 

Bess - Good luck trying to score when Jett and Bess can take away your entire backcourt. 

French - Need a dominant post player. French can also defend and I need his rebounding in my starting lineup

Loe - Not the 5th best player but complements the offense well with spacing and shooting. Also an underrated defender and he did a great job of opening up Jett's drives

Bench Guards/Wings:

Goodwin - A guy who can flirt with a triple double every single came coming off my bench

Evans - He could start over Bess but Bess seemed to be a little better on the perimeter. Either way, he's an all-league player coming off the bench who could go toe-to-toe with wings from power conferences. 

McCall - The most underappreciated player of the decade in my opinion. Deserved more credit for his defense. Good shooter

Jimerson - He doesn't get big minutes, but I desperately need a knockdown shooter in my backcourt. I have some good shooters but in 10 games, Jimerson proved he was better than any of them. 

Collins - Another guy it may be too early on, but feel like my team needs a pass-first guy

Bench Bigs:

Conklin - Another all-league player coming off the bench. I give the nod to French due to his shot blocking ability

Reed - The only player from the decade to play in the NBA gets a spot on my roster.

Ellis - Good backup for Loe in terms of shooting out of my big men

Walk ons:

Eckerle - I'm not sure if he was any good, but my coach loved him

Hines - His dad was entertaining

Raboin - He made a 3 once

Head Coach: Majerus - I have the talent so I don't need Ford's recruiting. Majerus could find a way to take away any opponents' biggest strength

Assistants: Tate, Harriman, Moser. Tate can recruit the local guys for me. Harriman can get the international guys. Moser made a Final Four.

President: Biondi 

All-Average Team: Crawford, Roby, Yacoubou, Agbeko, Cassity

All-Transfer (Out) Team: Carter, Bishop, Henriquez, Yarbrough, Glaze

All-Transfer (In) Team: Isabell, Weaver, Bess, Foreman, Barnett

All-Terrible Team: Manning, Jolly, Lancona, Gillmann, Nuefeld (Jolly is my point guard)

All-Academic Team: Crawford, Cassity, Conklin, Eckerle, Evans

All-Tool Team: McBroom, Lancona, Glaze, Yarbrough, Platt

Zink, willie, SLU_Lax and 2 others like this

52 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Starters:

Mitchell - The most skilled player of the decade in my opinion. Clutch player. Can create his own shot and I'd feel good about it going in no matter the situation.

Jett - Great defender. Can give him the ball at the end of the game and tell him to score - and he will. 

Bess - Good luck trying to score when Jett and Bess can take away your entire backcourt. 

French - Need a dominant post player. French can also defend and I need his rebounding in my starting lineup

Loe - Not the 5th best player but complements the offense well with spacing and shooting. Also an underrated defender and he did a great job of opening up Jett's drives

Bench Guards/Wings:

Goodwin - A guy who can flirt with a triple double every single came coming off my bench

Evans - He could start over Bess but Bess seemed to be a little better on the perimeter. Either way, he's an all-league player coming off the bench who could go toe-to-toe with wings from power conferences. 

McCall - The most underappreciated player of the decade in my opinion. Deserved more credit for his defense. Good shooter

Jimerson - He doesn't get big minutes, but I desperately need a knockdown shooter in my backcourt. I have some good shooters but in 10 games, Jimerson proved he was better than any of them. 

Collins - Another guy it may be too early on, but feel like my team needs a pass-first guy

Bench Bigs:

Conklin - Another all-league player coming off the bench. I give the nod to French due to his shot blocking ability

Reed - The only player from the decade to play in the NBA gets a spot on my roster.

Walk ons:

Head Coach: Majerus - I have the talent so I don't need Ford's recruiting. Majerus could find a way to take away any opponents' biggest strength

Assistants: Tate, Harriman, Moser. Tate can recruit the local guys for me. Harriman can get the international guys. Moser made a Final Four.

i'd trade goodwin for mitchell and i would trade evans for loe.  besides that, i like your layout.  

i wouldnt list coaches, walkons and assistants and administration simply because the crowd would likely want to kill me.  

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

All-Terrible Team: Manning, Jolly, Lancona, Gillmann, Nuefeld (Jolly is my point guard)

This is good content 

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

Starters:

Bench Guards/Wings:

Bench Bigs:

Walk ons:

McCall doesn’t get enough credit for his shooting.

4 hours ago, slufan13 said:

Out of reactions.  Spot on.

Oh, also, my newborn son wanted to get in on the all-decade talk.  He was born this morning.  Long and strong as fuok.  Said fuok McBroom and piss on Stanley Burrell while we're at it.

He'll take Kwamain, Bess, Goodwin, French and Willie Reed.  Says who needs more shooters than the first two if you can defend and rebound like those guys?

Likes Majerus on the pine and Ford as lead recruiter.  Gives 0 fuoks about any other team except UK because Mom likes them.

2020367966_a4211634b3_z.jpg

Pistol likes this

6 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

Oh, also, my newborn son wanted to get in on the all-decade talk.  He was born this morning.  Long and strong as fuok.  Said fuok McBroom and piss on Stanley Burrell while we're at it.

He'll take Kwamain, Bess, Goodwin, French and Willie Reed.  Says who needs more shooters than the first two if you can defend and rebound like those guys?

Likes Majerus on the pine and Ford as lead recruiter.  Gives 0 fuoks about any other team except UK because Mom likes them.

Congrats!

Funny thing is you're about 6 years away from your kid stealing your debit card to buy an Austin McBroom youtube subscription. Circle of life.

21 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

Speaking of pissing on Stanley Burrell, who’s on your all decade players you hated in conference?