Who Is On Your All Decade Billiken Team

HoosierPal

List your five (not six or seven) Billiken favorites for the decade.  They need to have played on teams 2010-2011 up through this year's team, for at least one season.  No rules on positions or years played, just list your favs.  I'm seeing about 7 to 8 common names. 

Mitchell, Jett, Goodwin, French, and a close one, but going with Evans for #5. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitchell, Jett, Goodwin, Evans and Conklin. I hate to leave French off but Evans and Conklin were both first team all conference players and each has one of the the two best advance metric seasons of the decade.

By far the most talented decade of my lifetime for the program.

Thicks's 2011-2020 all-decade starting five:

• Kwamain Mitchell
  • Dwayne Evans
  • Hasahn French
  • Jordan Goodwin
  • Jordair Jett

I would put Yuri Collins and Terrence Hargrove Jr. on the list based on potential, but they'll be eligible for the 2021-30 decade.  Then, again, so will Goodwin and French, but I can't really think of any players, aside from Javon Bess, that I would want to replace them with.

11 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

Brett Jolly

John Manning

Austin McBroom

Mickey Pearson

Carte'Are Gordon 

Obviously, you're being funny, but as a straight man, I have to respond that Pearson isn't eligible:

They need to have played on teams 2010-2011 up through this year's team, for at least one season.

You could also argue that Gordon isn't eligible, either, because half of a season isn't "at least 1 season."

33 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Thicks's 2011-2020 all-decade starting five:

• Kwamain Mitchell
  • Dwayne Evans
  • Hasahn French
  • Jordan Goodwin
  • Jordair Jett

I would put Yuri Collins and Terrence Hargrove Jr. on the list based on potential, but they'll be eligible for the 2021-30 decade.  Then, again, so will Goodwin and French, but I can't really think of any players, aside from Javon Bess, that I would want to replace them with.

Actually, I take it back; I can think of two players to replace Goodwin and French with, to preserve them for the '21-30 decade:  Bess and Willie Reed.  A lineup of Reed, Evans, Bess, Mitchell, and Jett would definitely be formidable.

9 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Actually, I take it back; I can think of two players to replace Goodwin and French with, to preserve them for the '21-30 decade:  Bess and Willie Reed.  A lineup of Reed, Evans, Bess, Mitchell, and Jett would definitely be formidable.

Imagine not having Goodwin on your all decade team

slufanskip likes this

Jett, Kwamain, JGood, Bess, Willie. 

I know I'll get flack for Willie. But these 5 would be hard to beat w/ him at the 5. Now if for some reason he's ineligible, got to go with French. Hate to leave off Evans and Conk but, again, these 5 would be hard to beat. 

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

Jett, Kwamain, JGood, Bess, Willie. 

I know I'll get flack for Willie. But these 5 would be hard to beat w/ him at the 5. Now if for some reason he's ineligible, got to go with French. Hate to leave off Evans and Conk but, again, these 5 would be hard to beat. 

French would not be the leader in blocks of Willie had played 4 years

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

French would not be the leader in blocks of Willie had played 4 years

You're probably right, but even if Willie had returned, he never would have finished all 4 years. I'll always say if we'd had him for the 11-12 season, Rick's last, we would have gone deep in the dance. Like real deep. We would have probably been a 3-4 seed and never had to play MSU in game 2. But even if we did get them w/ Willie at the 5 we would have won.