GDT: Win one for the Gibber

moytoy12

5 minutes ago, slu72 said:

In the PD article, Travis said Hargrove had a terrible first half. He must have been talking about his D. 

Actually, he said he had a terrific first half. 

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/contributions-abound-as-slu-beats-kansas-state/article_c3a4a85d-0c71-54fe-8b32-c1e0223c81e9.html

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I'd like to see that guard from M'ville transfer to SLU. Is it tampering if an AC drops a hint to a D2 we might like to talk? Kid was a pretty good shooter. 

Hey, Donigan did it with Dipsy. There was a big man on Hargroves ESL team that I really liked that went to a JUCO. I watched him against Collinsville and said I’d like to check on that kid in a year or two. 

35 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Rewatching 2H with sobriety.  

Tay Weaver was our MVP last night.

KSU played an absolutely moronic last 2 mins of the game.  So careless with the ball.

Best win of the season imo

Tay was really good at both ends of the court. Stepped up like the GT that he is.  Good to see as he could have easily checked out when he wasn’t getting more minutes earlier in the year.

29 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Hey, Donigan did it with Dipsy. There was a big man on Hargroves ESL team that I really liked that went to a JUCO. I watched him against Collinsville and said I’d like to check on that kid in a year or two. 

sooooo.... we need to talk about you getting blood on my sweatshirt last night... im the person you decided to hoist into the air at McFaddens🤣

38 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I thought he looked like a D1 player. He was about 6’7” and had a nice jump shot. 

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

It was a really bad call. I didn’t agree with all the ref bashing in the Auburn game, but last night’s game had some really questionable moments.

As someone that was there and was quite vocal, it really felt like the one older ref didn’t make a single call that went our way. He made the call on Bell, had a couple cheapies on French, a first half illegal screen on bell, etc. The young ref was fine except for the bench technical and the African American ref saw how unbalanced the old ref was and probably had a bit of a slu slant. All in, kind of felt like we were playing 5 vs. 6.

RUBillsFan likes this

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I'd like to see that guard from M'ville transfer to SLU. Is it tampering if an AC drops a hint to a D2 we might like to talk? Kid was a pretty good shooter. 

Let’s ask Cuonzo what he suggests as the best way to contact and poach players. I truly respect him on that topic. 

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

No St. Louis metro shooters have emerged in the 2021 class.  That's why I've been beating the drum for the Haney kid out of Dora.  Missouri State has been a disappointment this year and we may have a chance to steal him out of their backyard.  Big-time shooter with a bit of dog in him.

Kern is on a Perkins-like trajectory but can't say definitively today whether his range will extend to the 3 point line.

Jordan Nesbitt is the top guard locally.  Gets buckets by slashing and being a size matchup problem,  not by being a plus shooter.  He's holding out for high major offers.

We already have enough athletes and slashers.  A replacement for Weaver is needed.  Not a true PG but a shooter. Someone who can shoot and assist w ballhandling. Goodwin will be a Senior, Jacobs a Junior and Yuri a Soph.   
Incremental improvements from Jacobs, Goodwin, Perkins and Hargrove not enough. Too much for 1 guy - GJ and look at his health this year.  Thank God for Weaver or we lose last night. 

12 hours ago, rgbilliken said:

Great game to enjoy from behind the Billiken bench. I’m a bit beat after all the standing and jumping and yelling and sitting but made it home to my couch now watching reruns of Chopped. Hopefully baby comes tomorrow. 

Damn dude don’t you know not to say this to a pregnant lady???

slufanskip likes this

22 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

We already have enough athletes and slashers.  A replacement for Weaver is needed.  Not a true PG but a shooter. Someone who can shoot and assist w ballhandling. Goodwin will be a Senior, Jacobs a Junior and Yuri a Soph.   
Incremental improvements from Jacobs, Goodwin, Perkins and Hargrove not enough. Too much for 1 guy - GJ and look at his health this year.  Thank God for Weaver or we lose last night. 

I could easily see Perkins sliding to the 2 next year when Hargrove is in the game so they can play at the same time. He's playing the 4 this year because we're thin up front.  His natural position is a 2 or a 3. And the past three games is more indicative of the three point shooter he has been in his juco career.

I think the staff is doing the right thing by going after a big so Perkins can play more minutes at his natural position. Weaver was a a stopgap to allow us to play four guards because the staff couldn't land the big they wanted.

Random Thoughts:

• Tay Weaver - way to step up my dude
  • Javonte Perkins - so glad Louisiana Monroe or whoever let him out of his LOI. He was absolutely clutch. 
  • Hargrove - Thanks for being patient man. The rapid improvement is incredible
  • Yuri - Balled out. He really came through
  • Has - Hope the hip is good. 
  • Goodwin - Great or greatest leader of all time?
  • Jimmy  B. - Ford got him just in time. If he would have lost anymore weight Howard at Michigan could have stashed him on the bench for 2 years. 
  • Jacobs - The Silent Assassin with great athleticism. Loved that oop from Collins.  
Crewsorlose likes this