moytoy12

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

Did we ever figure out the technical?

Watching the replay it looks to me like it was on an assistant, possibly Stuen, arguing that a KState player stepped out of bounds against our press. Whoever it was was way more animated about it than assistant coaches are supposed to be.

10 hours ago, almaman said:

MBM eye witnesses what % crowd was home crowd K Staters?

Felt like 90-95% K-State.  Couple patches of Billiken fans (behind the bench) and across from the bench...and I"m sure a few others spread out through the arena, but a lot of purple in there.  Ford acknowledge the fans on both sides of the court before walking off after the game.

Just now, slufanskip said:

I'm watching the game now and the foul on Jimmy Bell Jr posting up with just over 5 min left has to make you feel like their is an agenda. He literally just posted up no worse or physical than 80% of possessions in D1 and less physical than 20%

It was a really bad call. I didn’t agree with all the ref bashing in the Auburn game, but last night’s game had some really questionable moments.

slufanskip and SLU_Lax like this

5 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I'm watching the game now and the foul on Jimmy Bell Jr posting up with just over 5 min left has to make you feel like their is an agenda. He literally just posted up no worse or physical than 80% of possessions in D1 and less physical than 20%

Man, that call was just brutal. 

slufanskip likes this

Yuri really took over the last couple of minutes. Gave us another glimpse of what the future holds with him . Played it like a Sr pg not a frosh. He even hit Jacobs for a wide open 3 he missed on our last possession by driving and kicking. He had driven and scored or shot enough down the stretch they had to help defensively leaving our shooter open

slu72 likes this

33 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

I sure hope we are recruiting a 3 point shooter to replace Weaver and to assist Jimerson. Even if GJ is 100% healthy next year, Perkins will be a Senior and Jacobs a Junior. 

No St. Louis metro shooters have emerged in the 2021 class.  That's why I've been beating the drum for the Haney kid out of Dora.  Missouri State has been a disappointment this year and we may have a chance to steal him out of their backyard.  Big-time shooter with a bit of dog in him.

Kern is on a Perkins-like trajectory but can't say definitively today whether his range will extend to the 3 point line.

Jordan Nesbitt is the top guard locally.  Gets buckets by slashing and being a size matchup problem,  not by being a plus shooter.  He's holding out for high major offers.

11 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Listened to the radio broadcast.  At one point, on a terrible call, the refs gave Rammer and Earl a warning for their reaction to it.  To that, Rammer screamed several times, “No, you’re on warning.  You’re on warning.”

I hope someone who knows what they’re doing can find that audio for everyone.

Haha I love Rammer. He also had an amazing call on the Collins to Jacobs alley oop. Would love to see if someone has audio to that. 

4 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I'd like to see that guard from M'ville transfer to SLU. Is it tampering if an AC drops a hint to a D2 we might like to talk? Kid was a pretty good shooter. 

Parker Long would be a perfect fit and his former teammate, Fred Thatch, already plays here.  But we don't have any scholarships for guards in the 2020 class.  The last one is targeted for a big.

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

Parker Long would be a perfect fit and his former teammate, Fred Thatch, already plays here.  But we don't have any scholarships for guards in the 2020 class.  The last one is targeted for a big.

Do u know if it's tampering if we let him know there's a spot for him? I think we're gonna have another opening come 2020.