GDT: Win one for the Gibber

moytoy12

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Hargrove is playing with a ton of confidence offensively, it is awesome to see the growth 

I didn't mind him shooting the three, I think he has the stroke to become a reliable shooter.

Solid half by our guys.  We were looking for a third guy to step up in this game.  That guy is Hargrove.  Looks good on both sides of the ball.

As expected, after some early success, KState totally shut down Yuri's penetration and forced some turnovers.  He needs a backup plan in the second half when he drives into the paint in the second half.  They're not going to let him get all the way to the basket.

2 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

We can critique Hargrove's defense all night but we can't ignore what he brings onoffense.  We'll have to accept good with bad.

I have focused on his defense every possession. He is doing fine. This idea that he cannot compete defensively has taken on a life of its own and is unfair to the kid. 

11 turnovers, that's the biggest problem so far. Slashline of .571/.429/.571 is something I'll take from this team any night. Scoring has been spread out. We're winning the rebounding battle by a few, fouls were low for both teams.

There's a Wildcat at center court and a sea of purple in the stands but we can win this game.

2 minutes ago, davidnark said:

I have focused on his defense every possession. He is doing fine. This idea that he cannot compete defensively has taken on a life of its own and is unfair to the kid. 

He gives such good effort, has the right attitude, and is so athletic it won't be long before his defense will be great.