• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not new news but.....

This is the 1st official injury report of the season

12/18/19

French ...Hip injury...Status ...Questionable...outlook for Sat...Hazy

Jimerson....Foot injury...Status ...Questionable....Outlook for Sat...unknown

These injury outlooks read more  like a weather forecast...and may be just as accurate...but at least you know what the general public sees ....

On another note, I am going to list here a stat I usual skip because...well because,  I don't think much of it....However , in this case because we are a national leader , I will show it....Defense...FT%...The Bills A+....14th ITN.......Defend FTs??? ......seems like a useless stat....You can't defend a FT ...but the numbers are just skewed enough to show there is something to it...The theory goes that the good teams  foul the other team's bad players and lower the opp FT%...or in our case we are so bad , we throw the other team off and bring them down to our level. In any case,  this stat lessens the blow of being last in FT% shooting. Going forward I will list this stat as long as we remain at A+ ...it is a small advantage  and once the grade slips the advantage becomes insignificant.

For the doubters....here is an article by KenPom which explains it further.

https://kenpom.com/blog/is-free-throw-defense-real/

3.  Goodwin is the first Billiken in 30 years to register six consecutive double-doubles. Anthony Bonner in 1989-90 (twice) is the only other Billiken to do so. No Billiken has ever recorded seven straight double-doubles (dating back to 1985-86 season).

That's some high cotton.

Also, if this game is truly looked at as an Away game rather than a Neutral Site game, it will help our NET with a win.  With KSU at 121, this would be a Q2 Away game, rather than a Q3 Neutral game.

Pistol likes this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

3.  Goodwin is the first Billiken in 30 years to register six consecutive double-doubles. Anthony Bonner in 1989-90 (twice) is the only other Billiken to do so. No Billiken has ever recorded seven straight double-doubles (dating back to 1985-86 season).

That's some high cotton.

Also, if this game is truly looked at as an Away game rather than a Neutral Site game, it will help our NET with a win.  With KSU at 121, this would be a Q2 Away game, rather than a Q3 Neutral game.

I'm betting he goes 7 deep today.  Smart money.

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

BUMMER

Next man up! 

So, he played in 10 games right?  We play 30 games.  I believe he would still be eligible for a medical redshirt.  

This is a big loss, but we still have some rounds in the chamber for outside shooters (Jacobs, Tay, and hopefully Perkins).

5 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

So, he played in 10 games right?  We play 30 games.  I believe he would still be eligible for a medical redshirt.  

This is a big loss, but we still have some rounds in the chamber for outside shooters (Jacobs, Tay, and hopefully Perkins).

We play 31, counting Maryville.  I think it is 30% for a waiver, which would be 9.3. Yes he is at 10.  Hopefully I am wrong.

https://slubillikens.com/news/2019/12/21/mens-basketball-jimerson-sidelined-for-the-rest-of-season.aspx

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

We play 31, counting Maryville.  I think it is 30% for a waiver, which would be 9.3. Yes he is at 10.  Hopefully I am wrong.

The example I saw said if the player played 9 out of 27, he is still eligible for a med redshirt so I think he might still qualify

I think it will depend on the NCAA's decision of whether the Maryville game counts or not for the purpose of giving him a redshirt. I can see him going back to Richmond, for the Christmas recess, and not playing for the rest of the season, but I assume he will be back at SLU to continue his academic courses, with a boot of course.

14 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Perkins is shooting 26% from 3.