Lets Settle Down

mrjoelabs

Did we play a good game? Maybe not...but that's the thing, we didn't play anywhere NEAR our best, and lost to Auburn by 6 basically on the road.  Jimmy Bell keeps getting better and better, which I don't think anyone predicted would happen this fast.  Yuri is learning but finding his offense more. Goodwin is a machine, and Perkins is becoming more and more of a revelation. The stupid free throw shooting sucks..but the fact is we win this game even with that if they dont get like 3 broken play 3s. And guys who couldn't shoot the 3 suddenly could. Obviously +1 3 for us and minus one for them we are in OT right now.  Ford had a good game plan. Jimmerson is too soft to play D in a game like this. He was getting creamed.  The only mistake Travis made was when he pulled Goodwin. IF...and that is a big IF...we play our best game over the next few weeks we should be welcoming Dayton in on the 17th with just 2 losses.  

rgbilliken and Crewsorlose like this

I disagree that we didn’t play a good game.  That’s such an easy thing to say, and not have to back it up.  We out rebounded a big, physical, ranked team.  We were stifled by a very good defensive squad.  Sure we shot poorly, but Auburn has something to do with that.  I watched that game and thought we played great within the parameters of who we are.

If we get from this team what they’ve given in the last two games, we will beat K-State and win most of our A-10 games.

It’s amazing to me that most of us had this as a loss before the season  started, we go to what is really a road game against a ranked team, we only lose by six, and guys are coming to the conclusion that we didn’t play “anywhere near our best.”