RIP Mike Lockette

ucan2

4 minutes ago, ucan2 said:

I didn't see anything on the board yet, so I thought I'd post the news of Mike's recent passing.  His funeral is this Saturday.  Really nice guy.  We knew him through his daughter and SLU softball.  Condolences to his entire family.

Damn. I would bump into him at almost every game last year. Was told he had cancer. 

18 minutes ago, Sheltiedave said:

He played Center during the Jimmy Irving/Harry Rogers era under Polk as coach, when we tied for the MVC champ with Drake and Louisville.

RIP Mike

I always thought he did a good job at C for Bob Polk's Bills. RIP Mike and thanks for the memories. By the way Sheltie, I think it was Memphis St that was in that 3 way tie. I remember going to Bradley for the playoff, which we lost to UL. That was a good team and Polk was a good coach. 

Mike sat 2 rows in front of me with Jimmy Irvin.   Both the nicest men.  Always said hi, had pleasant words and shook hands.   Big mike would garner the throw out balls and tshirts and look got a kid nearby to give to them.   Definitely one of the good people and the billiken fandom will miss.   

That's tough.

We had a topic on 70s Billikens and going from JUCO to 4 year school and he actually posted here a few years back.

I'd sit in front of him & Jimmy when I would win the Parking Spot move of the game.  Always cordial and willing to talk Bills.

Sad to hear!  I sat right behind Mike for years but moved seats 2 years ago.  It was great to interact with Mike and Jimmy and get their take on the games.   I could never catch the give away balls when Big Mike stood up as he had quite the wing span.  RIP Mike!