Auburn over The Bills by 10

The Wiz

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Auburn's strategy will involve two things: finding a way to frustrate Yuri so that Ford keeps him off the floor. Any fool knows that our offense runs better with Yuri driving it; getting French off the court. French is a monster and if can be limited to 20-25 minutes, it gives Auburn a much better chance at having its way down low. 

12 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Furman brought Auburn to OT, Georgia Southern played them close, and lowly South Alabama lost by 1....all 3 lesser teams than SLU. I won't be surprised if we beat this overrated SEC team and you bet your ass we cover those 10 points. IF we do not win, it won't be because of foul trouble or turnovers, it will be because of missed free throws.

With The Bills  currently the worst FT shooting team ITN and Aub with a D- at the foul line....it may  be ,  who ever makes the first  FT wins the game.

Besides the tongue in cheek remark , I made here....I am editing this post to include the real info ...of the 10 pt spread...4 of those 10 come from FTs...so while maybe not the difference maker...it certainly is an important part of the spread...plus if it becomes a close game (within 6 ) anything can happen.

22 minutes ago, wgstl said:

we have a mountain to climb to just get out of grade F lol

You are right.......the good news is that our FT shooting has improved  recently...60.4% (last 3 games) vs 53.5% (overall)....we were down around 50%...so while I can't see the F yet....we are are at least battling Winthrop (53.9%) for spot 352.

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

You are right.......the good news is that our FT shooting has improved  recently...60.4% (last 3 games) vs 53.5% (overall)....we were down around 50%...so while I can't see the F yet....we are are at least battling Winthrop (53.9%) for spot 352.

I'm curious why you don't include Mississippi Valley St (and 353 teams for that matter)?  Not a criticism; just curious if there is a reason they are not considered.

I'm been bragging to my friends that we're NOT last.

image.thumb.png.fe1eb9508a504389a13a9372368fa3a0.png

24 minutes ago, philliken said:

I'm curious why you don't include Mississippi Valley St (and 353 teams for that matter)?  Not a criticism; just curious if there is a reason they are not considered.

I'm been bragging to my friends that we're NOT last.

image.thumb.png.fe1eb9508a504389a13a9372368fa3a0.png

I can't explain the discrepancy....I have 2 sources  that have the BIlls at 353....Team Rankings and Sports Direct...They have MVSU at 55.8% ...good for 351. And I am using 353 as a base ...when I mentioned battling for 352....The Bills are at 353 and Winthrop is at 352....thus The Bills are battling for 352.

9 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Are the chances of us winning this game greater than or less than the chances of French hitting a free throw? I need to decide how excited to get

Good question....the edge goes to French to make the FT...UNLESS he starts to make a lot of FTs ...then the edge goes to the Bills to win.

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I can't explain the discrepancy....I have 2 sources  that have the BIlls at 353....Team Rankings and Sports Direct...They have MVSU at 55.8% ...good for 351. And I am using 353 as a base ...when I mentioned battling for 352....The Bills are at 353 and Winthrop is at 352....thus The Bills are battling for 352.

how come the NCAA website only shows 350 teams?  And they also have Mississippi valley at 348th

On the the 350 question....there are 3 teams that are not full members of Div 1 (they are new)...N Ala....Cal Bap...&  Merrimack.... they do count in the standings.

As for the different standings on FTs....I think the discrepancy is a time factor between data services.  ..I have 1 service that updates as soon as the game is complete....another service   updates after the last game of the day  and some update every few days.   Sometimes my instant will be different than my daily....bottom line ...we are F- and not close to F  no matter who you check with.....btw we finished  at 352 last year  with a 59.8%  vs 53.5% this year....we've  got a ways to go to match last year's mark.

38 minutes ago, JGR6396 said:

Wasn’t VT ranked when we beat them in the 2017-2018 season?

1B1C6AB1-FE3A-46D3-BF0F-A49F9DA773CB.png

Some actually picked us to finish 9th in the A-10?  Some group of motherfuokers?  Makes my blood boil.

Kill 'em all, let the paramedics sort 'em out.

4bfb8edb-cf86-489d-9f49-cecd565a5451_100

50 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

Some actually picked us to finish 9th in the A-10?  Some group of motherfuokers?  Makes my blood boil.

Agreed. But compared to historical pregame articles, it has given the Billikens some praise. Mentioned the Has/Goodwin Double Double machine and gives our freshman some love. All deserved.

EDIT: The ESPN Pre-game article is the one I am referring to

55 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

Why should you get upset when someone is showing his/her level of ignorance and stupidity in a public forum?

Just now, Old guy said:

Why should you get upset when someone is showing his/her level of ignorance and stupidity in a public forum?

The Billikens, led by Jordan Goodwin, will rain blood on the A-10.

If Xavier was still around, we'd zip them up first.  I don't know who's first on the hit list, but I can assure you, every gotdamn A-10 team is on it.

6560920689_af246549d6_b.jpg

44 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

The Billikens, led by Jordan Goodwin, will rain blood on the A-10.

If Xavier was still around, we'd zip them up first.  I don't know who's first on the hit list, but I can assure you, every gotdamn A-10 team is on it.

6560920689_af246549d6_b.jpg

I agree we are more likely than not to defeat the whole pack of them when the  time arrives (pretty soon now).