This team in the rankings

brianstl

8 minutes ago, Compton said:

A rather auspicious ranking going into tonight’s game. 

And just one away from the number of teams issued dance cards. 

0-3/2-0/4-0/5-0

Bills at 69

BC at 132

Tulane at 108

K State at 98

Belmont at 114

E Wash at 123

Duq 62

Seton Hall 22

Auburn 6

SIU 200

Umass 126

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13-5 in A-10 will mean plenty of really good wins. I see this team more at 10 wins in conference. Even if we're on the outside looking in a month from now, there's nothing that a three-week hot streak in February wouldn't cure. 

A strong OOC has given teams in the A-10 plenty of chances to find ways to boost their resumes with Q1 and Q2 victories. Here are SLU's, as of 1/8

Q1: @Richmond, Dayton, @Dayton, VCU

Q2 @Lasalle, Duquesne, @UMass, @URI, @George Mason. 

That's 9 out of 16 games. Keep rooting for Kansas St., BC, and Tulane!

22 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

13-5 in A-10 will mean plenty of really good wins. I see this team more at 10 wins in conference. Even if we're on the outside looking in a month from now, there's nothing that a three-week hot streak in February wouldn't cure. 

A strong OOC has given teams in the A-10 plenty of chances to find ways to boost their resumes with Q1 and Q2 victories. Here are SLU's, as of 1/8

Q1: @Richmond, Dayton, @Dayton, VCU

Q2 @Lasalle, Duquesne, @UMass, @URI, @George Mason. 

That's 9 out of 16 games. Keep rooting for Kansas St., BC, and Tulane!

Throw @Davidson into the Q2 bucket.  Today they are NET 99.

The NCAA Team Sheets do a good job plotting all of this. (Scroll to #69.)

https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/Stats Library/NET Team Sheets - Jan. 7, 2020.pdf

7 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Someone please explain what I am not understanding here.  BC has a NET of 132.  They are listed as being a Q2 team.  All of the teams that we have beaten that are listed as Q3 teams have NET lower than 132.  What's the deal there?

The Net Rating cut-off between Quadrants is different for Home, away and neutral games. 

image.png.9ec665957a0422ee83d35d0b31a7737d.png

cgeldmacher likes this

By this NET Bracket, Billikens are IN the NCAA tourney, today.  As it states, this bracket is based solely on NET ratings. Dayton, VCU and Duquesne are also in.  In the real world, I believe we are in the ever expanding bubble.

https://bracketologists.com/bracket/

Kansas State needs to start winning some conference games, or our W might slip a quad.

23 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

KenPom is a fool in my mind. He has 8-7 Alabama up in the 50s and us down in the 80s.  Mizzou way ahead of us. Not sure how that happens

KenPom is a predictive formula. It says on the website, the formula does not intend to determine how good a team's season has been so far.

The formula is: adjusted offensive efficiency - adjusted defensive efficiency...So our KenPom rating is 101.2-92.7 = 8.53.

I would imagine KenPom is lower than others (NET, RPI, etc) because we have won a handful of close games.  Those would seemingly hurt us more in kenpom than in NET or RPI.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. We could win a ton of games, but if our offensive efficiency doesn't improve drastically, our KenPom rating won't really improve too much.

Zink, GBL_Bills and RUBillsFan like this