This team in the rankings

brianstl

28 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I was looking at NET by conference, and K-State is last in the Big XII, the only team on the wrong side of 100.

I hadn't been paying attention to them. The Bradley loss is really surprising. Pitt, Marquette, and Mississippi State aren't *bad* losses but they're all below-average power conference teams this season and very winnable games. They really need this game against SLU.

The fact that Bradley has losses against St. Joseph's and Northwestern is just as surprising.  Bradley played some strong ball down the stretch last year, gave Michigan State everything they wanted in the tournament and returns everybody of significance.  It's early.  Many teams are still trying to find a rhythm.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/SitePages/Home.aspx

The daily updates to the Team Sheets are actually pretty nice. I retract my earlier complaint about the NCAA not updating their info enough.

The Team Sheets breaks down the rest of every team's schedule into what Quad games they'll be playing, given that day's NET rankings. As of today, we'll play 7 Quad 1 games and 4 Quad 2 games the rest of the season.

moytoy12 likes this

32 minutes ago, GBL_Bills said:

The daily updates to the Team Sheets are actually pretty nice. I retract my earlier complaint about the NCAA not updating their info enough.

The Team Sheets breaks down the rest of every team's schedule into what Quad games they'll be playing, given that day's NET rankings. As of today, we'll play 7 Quad 1 games and 4 Quad 2 games the rest of the season.

-just win baby

43 minutes ago, GBL_Bills said:

Also shows that K State is an away game, not a neutral site. Which is fine w us

27 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Cool site that helps us track what quadrant wins and losses we have as well as the opportunities left:

https://www.bracketologists.com/team/saint-louis-billikens?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

It is pretty cool, but the fact that they have Maryville listed as a Q4 game and not a non-DI game makes me a little skeptical of the accuracy.

45 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Cool site that helps us track what quadrant wins and losses we have as well as the opportunities left:

https://www.bracketologists.com/team/saint-louis-billikens?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Pretty neat.  Yeah, Belmont has sunk to a Q3 win, and East Wash is now ranked higher.  I doubt if EWash will get their NET high enough to make it a Q2 win.  

A few more losses and Seton Hall might slip to Q3 also.  But a loss is a loss whichever quad they are in.  If Tulane makes some noise in the AAC, they could get up to Q2 win for us.  Boston College should get into a Q2 position for us in their conference schedule.

42 minutes ago, Sheltiedave said:

They only have the four quadrant options, RU.

I take it you haven't clicked the link.  The site has 5 options.  Q1 - 4 and non-DI.  They have Maryville was Q4 and actually give them a NET ranking (non DI teams aren't ranked).  They show our non-DI record as 0-0.

On 12/19/2019 at 2:05 PM, RUBillsFan said:

I take it you haven't clicked the link.  The site has 5 options.  Q1 - 4 and non-DI.  They have Maryville was Q4 and actually give them a NET ranking (non DI teams aren't ranked).  They show our non-DI record as 0-0.

This has been fixed. We didn't realize that ESPN was switching teams around and the net ranking never got overwritten because they weren't D1. We are now flushing the cache before every import.

RUBillsFan likes this

2 hours ago, Bracketologists said:

This has been fixed. We didn't realize that ESPN was switching teams around and the net ranking never got overwritten because they weren't D1. We are now flushing the cache before every import.

Great. Now you just need to update to the Billikens logo that was introduced in 2015.

Bracketologists likes this

Duquesne and Richmond were rewarded for being undefeated. They both  then lost and went from low 20’s to mid 50’s and 60’s very quickly in the NET. The NET has much more volatility to it but in the end many of the different models even out.

Duquesne lost at home to UAB.

Richmond lost badly at home to Radford to fall to 10-2 (Auburn is their other loss)

Auburn (SLU) and San Diego St. (SLU next season) are two of the three undefeated teams left. 

Sorry if I am dense on this, but all the rating services rankings are meaningless, if I am correct, with regard to getting an at-large bid to the NCAA's.  NET is all that matters, correct?

That brings me to my actual question.  There are 353 D 1 teams so it would seem like a Q1 team would be anyone above #88, with a Q2 team being between #89 and # 175 and so on.  But that doesn't match up with the discussions in this thread.  Is there a good definition of the cut lines between each of the Quadrants?  Sorry if it is already somewhere on this Board.  If so, just point me to it.

5 minutes ago, bauman said:

Sorry if I am dense on this, but all the rating services rankings are meaningless, if I am correct, with regard to getting an at-large bid to the NCAA's.  NET is all that matters, correct?

That brings me to my actual question.  There are 353 D 1 teams so it would seem like a Q1 team would be anyone above #88, with a Q2 team being between #89 and # 175 and so on.  But that doesn't match up with the discussions in this thread.  Is there a good definition of the cut lines between each of the Quadrants?  Sorry if it is already somewhere on this Board.  If so, just point me to it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/college/2018/03/01/ncaa-tournament-quadrant-system

5 minutes ago, bauman said:

That's not exactly the case. NET is supposed to be the most heavily weighted rating, but others are included in the reports provided to the Committee, including Kenpom, Sagarin and ESPN. I believe the AP and Coaches Poll are also included. It's all art and not science, and committee members can weigh the different data as they see fit, but it helps to be ranked highly across the board. 

Crewsorlose likes this