101. Davidson

130. La Salle

158. Umass

189. Bonnies

228. St. Joes

235. GW

258. Fordham

Duquesne at 20!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like we will get a few chances at Q1/Q2 wins in conference.

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Here is the other side of the issue.

Belmont and BC wins have moved to Q3, Auburn loss  Q1, and Seton Hall loss Q2.  (I don't believe 'good losses' have much weight with the committee.  Bad losses do have weight.)

Where does EWU fall?  

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Here is the other side of the issue.

Belmont and BC wins have moved to Q3, Auburn loss  Q1, and Seton Hall loss Q2.  (I don't believe 'good losses' have much weight with the committee.  Bad losses do have weight.)

I believe they actually have SH as a Quad 3 loss for us

31 minutes ago, GBL_Bills said:

I believe they actually have SH as a Quad 3 loss for us

I could be wrong, but Hall is at NET 55.  Home games are 1-30 Q1, 31-75 Q2, so I put it in Q2.  Seton Hall could certainly fall below NET 75 before it is all said and done.

With Away games valued differently, Q1 1-75, we actually are a Q1 win for Seton Hall.

38 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

SLU at 66 in the NET rankings. 

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize that was coming out. I see that our SOS sits at #90, I am pretty happy with the job the coaching staff did putting our schedule together. And the A-10 is looking pretty damn strong.

Really happy with the start to the season, everything is still in play for us and that is a great place to be in mid December.

moytoy12 likes this

14 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I could be wrong, but Hall is at NET 55.  Home games are 1-30 Q1, 31-75 Q2, so I put it in Q2.  Seton Hall could certainly fall below NET 75 before it is all said and done.

It looks you have the knowledge, for those of us who have not tracked Seton Hall and have only really seen them play Michigan State and then us, what is their story? I was expecting them to be a top 15 type team.

1 minute ago, TheChosenOne said:

It looks you have the knowledge, for those of who have not tracked Seton Hall and have only really seen them play Michigan State and then us, what is their story? I was expecting them to be a top 15 type team.

They lost their big F/C Mamukel..... to a fractured wrist and Powell to a concussion. 

TheChosenOne likes this

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

With Away games valued differently, Q1 1-75, we actually are a Q1 win for Seton Hall.

Yeah I believe you're right. They must've mis-printed the PDF I'm looking at because it has our Quad 3 record as 3-1. But now that I look more carefully at it, our record broken down by Quads doesn't add up to 8-2, so I don't know what they're doing there.

https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/Stats Library/NET Nitty Gritty - Dec. 15, 2019.pdf

Kansas State at #131 (one spot ahead of Missouri State) for reference.

It is fun going down the list from Saint Louis at #66, Xavier at 71, Missouri at 73, Florida at 78, Mississippi State at 90 (just beat Kansas State), North Carolina at 95.

I assume the teams in the "Power" conferences all magically start moving up the rankings from here? I might try to track that this year or assign that task to one of the billikens.com interns.

27 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I assume the teams in the "Power" conferences all magically start moving up the rankings from here? I might try to track that this year or assign that task to one of the billikens.com interns.

Probably. SOS goes up for most of them once the conference starts. And, based on the rankings now, that'll actually be true for the A10 as well for once. At least the top half of the conference.

39 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Kansas State at #131 (one spot ahead of Missouri State) for reference.

It is fun going down the list from Saint Louis at #66, Xavier at 71, Missouri at 73, Florida at 78, Mississippi State at 90 (just beat Kansas State), North Carolina at 95.

I was looking at NET by conference, and K-State is last in the Big XII, the only team on the wrong side of 100.

I hadn't been paying attention to them. The Bradley loss is really surprising. Pitt, Marquette, and Mississippi State aren't *bad* losses but they're all below-average power conference teams this season and very winnable games. They really need this game against SLU.

12 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I was looking at NET by conference, and K-State is last in the Big XII, the only team on the wrong side of 100.

I hadn't been paying attention to them. The Bradley loss is really surprising. Pitt, Marquette, and Mississippi State aren't *bad* losses but they're all below-average power conference teams this season and very winnable games. They really need this game against SLU.

The big question about KState is this IL all over again for Weber - he was having trouble getting players that lived up to their billings and to play as an effective unit - or just a bump in the road.

11 minutes ago, Pistol said:

-so do we!