GDT: Conquer the Green Wave

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Student section used to do this with 3s and Dunks back in Scottrade. Used to have someone run them to the top of the lower level. I think they were lightning bolts and 3s

In the 90’s at least for part of his senior season there was a group of fans that put an H in front of a bomb poster for every 3 H Waldman dropped.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

The didn't announce the crowd, but I would say there were 'several people' there.

I’m not good with estimating but there were several hundred total.  Nothing crazy but at least there was some atmosphere. Maybe 50-100 obvious SLU fans, very few Tulane fans, 30-40 Dayton fans, and a bunch of randos.  GCU likely had the most fans at our game as a large group of their students were there already.

side note:  to get us to over a 100 fan attendance number, I’m fairly certain the attendance numbers for SLU baseball and softball games included all the players and coaches as well as anyone randomly walking by.

HoosierPal likes this

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

If you're on firestick, log in to ESPN and ESPN plus is on the top navigation. Otherwise, just go to watch espn online and you can find it there. During basketball season, I subscribe to espn plus and it's the best $4.95 I spend every month.

Watching replay right now. This is fun. 

Watching the replay, the 3s were great, ok amazing, but we are so blessed to have JGood and Has as Billikens. Those 2 are the heart, soul, lungs, and guts of this team. They drive the train, bus, and fly the plane. Thank you Has and JGood you are so much fun to watch play this game the way it's supposed to be played. 

cgeldmacher likes this

28 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

We didn’t crush teams we should have

I don’t know when the serious diminishing returns in margin of victory start kicking in, but I’d have to imagine it’s around 10-15 points. 

considering our closest win was by 9 (sans Belmont, which wasn’t a team we were supposed to “crush”), I doubt this is a huge factor. 

rgbilliken and dlarry like this

There seemed to be confusion today with our shooters as to which three point line was the right one. The back one was NBA and the lighter one was NCAA. From my view, most shots were from the NBA line. Goodwin did get one from the college line as I was surprised it was a 3. Thought the inner line was women’s before his shot. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

There seemed to be confusion today with our shooters as to which three point line was the right one. The back one was NBA and the lighter one was NCAA. From my view, most shots were from the NBA line. Goodwin did get one from the college line as I was surprised it was a 3. Thought the inner line was women’s before his shot. 

I think at least 14 of our 3 were from NBA distance.

4 hours ago, GBL_Bills said:

“Good post” doesn’t cut it. This is a phenomenal idea 

They need to do it like the board. Have a card for each letter in Jimerson and add an M for each one made. Today would have been JIMMMMMMERSON.

Better bring double digit M's. Hate to see us run out

30 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

They need to do it like the board. Have a card for each letter in Jimerson and add an M for each one made. Today would have been JIMMMMMMERSON.

3s turned on their side for Ms

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

Likely nobody will get it except those that visit this board ......

5 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Likely nobody will get it except those that visit this board ......

I think people are smart enough to figure out that when Jimerson hits a 3 a student runs to the top of the arena and slaps an M on the wall that the two events are connected 

20 minutes ago, almaman said:

the part that is kind of insider is it started with us bickering on the board about constant misspelling his name with 2 instead of 1 m. Thus m instead of 3 or his initial 

All I know is that he was Gibson Jimmmmmmerson today.

4 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I admit I am a prisoner of the moment but I want Gibson Jimerson to shoot every time he has the ball. I don't think I've ever said that about another player. 

I honestly think it is going in every time he shoots the ball. 

Out of reactions.  Same here.  Every shot that 10-games-old freshman takes, I just go

"3 BALL.  GIBSON JIMERSON.  CASH.  COUNT IT."

It's pretty much 50/50 whether I'm right or not.